About the College -
Sri Siddhartha Medical College [SSMC] was started in the year 1988 under Sri Siddhartha Educational Society (SSES). The college was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi. The campus boasts of 21 buildings with built-in area of about 220 acres including furnished residences for the staff.
Accreditation & Affiliations -
The college is affiliated to Sri Siddhartha University, Tumkur, Bangalore and the courses are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The Medical College and hospital are located in the outskirts of Tumkur city amidst green fields in a vast campus of 220 acres on the side of Bangalore - Honnavar national highway. It is just 76 km from Bangalore city and is connected by road and railway. The climate is similar to Bangalore.
Courses offered at the Sri Siddhartha Medical College -
Sri Siddhartha Medical College offers -
- Graduate courses in MBBS. The duration of the course is 4 years and 6 months. The students seeking Sri Siddhartha Medical College admission for the MBBS graduate program need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria -
- The candidate should have passed 2 year PUC examination conducted by the P.U. Board, Karnataka with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as optional subjects or any other examinations recognized as equivalent by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Or cleared the B.Sc. examination with PCB with an Indian University and has secured at least 50% in any of the two subjects.
- The age of the candidate seeking admission should be 17 years as on 31st December on the year of admission.
- Post Graduate / Diploma Course
- The eligible candidate should have cleared the MBBS degree examination from a college recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Postgraduate / Diploma courses in the following disciplines -
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Child Health
- The course duration is for 3 years for degree courses and 2 years for diploma.
The Sri Siddhartha Medical College fees are payable at the time of admission as per the approved rates. The fee structure changes every year subject to government rules and regulations.
Students seeking admission to Sri Siddhartha Medical College for the current year can contact us on 09886377426 for Sri Siddhartha Medical College fee structure for 2017.
Sri Siddhartha Medical College provides placements opportunities to the young budding professionals in the field of medicine to help them embark on their careers.
Sri Siddhartha Medical College ranks among the top medical colleges in the country. The college reviews speak about the top of the class campus facilities to its credit -
- All the lecture halls are fitted with audio visual aids.
- Various teaching disciplines are housed in separate buildings.
- There is a well equipped centrally air conditioned library in the campus consisting of 14,000 volumes of the books. Besides Indian and foreign journals, there is a Digital Library attached with Internet facility (Helinet).
- A modern fully air conditioned auditorium in the campus with excellent audio and video facility.
- There is a separate hostel accommodation available for both boys and girls with facilities for -
- Indoor sports
- Lockers etc.
Galaxy Educational Services assist and guide you get admission in Top Medical Colleges in Bangalore , Contact us for more information on 09886377426!