BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science)
The BNYS course trains the students on principles of alternative medicine such as; natural healing, non-invasive treatment and self-healing. Naturopathy extensively focuses on the usage of traditional medicine that was followed by pioneers and medical experts like Charaka and Sushruta. Naturopathy stresses on traditional methods like diet control, exercise, massage and herbal medicine for medical ailments and healthy living.
What will BNYS student's study?
The students of BNYS will be given in-depth training on traditional medicine for the treatment of medical conditions in a natural process. Yogic Science mainly focuses on different yoga patterns like Hata Yoga, Yoga Practice, Ayurveda, Anatomy, Psychology, Yoga Therapy, Breath Control, Meditation, different Asanas (body postures) that are necessary for a better and healthy lifestyle. The students will be studying diverse topics such as; Sanskrit, Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy, Physiology, Magneto Therapy, Chromotherapy, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Medical Herbs, Acupuncture, Acupressure and many more.
After the completion of BNYS degree the students are eligible to practice Naturopathy and Yogic Science treatments. They can join as Naturopathy doctors in spas, resorts, ayurvedic healing centres, hospitals or naturopathy healing care clinics or can even start their own private naturopathy clinics.
BNYS course details
|Duration||4.5 Years + 1-Year Internship|
|Eligibility||The students who have completed their PUC or 12th in science stream with 50% (GM) and 40% (OBC/SC/ST) aggregate are eligible to apply for BNYS courses in Bangalore at top BNYS colleges in Bangalore|
(The fees structure mentioned above are as per 2020 medical counselling).
Merit- The Interested candidates can apply for merit seats in their desired naturopathy colleges through NEET UG -Ayush Counselling
Management- The candidates looking for Management seats can contact Galaxy Education for more details about management quota
List of Top BNYS Colleges in Karnataka
Course name: BNYS
Eligibility: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology as the main subjects at the 10+2 level. A minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level. The minimum age for joining the course is 17 years.
Duration: 4.5 years plus one year rotational internship
Campus Location: Prashanti Kutiram, Vivekananda Road, Kalluballu Post, Jigani, Anekal, Bengaluru – 560105
- Distance from Bangalore Airport to College: 79.0kms
- Distance from City Bus stand to College: 32.1kms
G. Madegowda Institute of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences
Course name: BNYS
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)
Eligibility: 10+2 education completed in the Science stream, from a recognized educational Board with Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology as the main subjects at the 10+2 level. A minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Duration: 4.5 Years plus 1 year of compulsory internship
Campus Location: Sri Athmalingehshwara Temple Campus, Hanumantha Nagara Karadakere Post, Maddur Taluk, Karnataka 571422
- Distance from Bangalore Airport to College: 135.0kms
- Distance from Bangalore City Bus stand to College: 95.4kms
List of BNYS colleges
Syllabus of BNYS
|Year I||Semester 1||
|Year II||Semester 3||
|Year III||Semester 5||
|Year IV||Semester 7||
Why to Study BNYS ?
- The BNYS course is progressively gaining a lot of attention in the last decade especially in the abroad countries.
- The BNYS students are in great demand especially in the Naturopathy Hospitals, luxury spas, ayurvedic and natural care centres across the globe
- The BNYS students are largely hired in hospitality industry specially in Star Hotels, Luxury Resorts, etc
- The BNYS students can start their own naturopathy clinics to earn a decent salary
- The BNYS students can start their Yoga training centres and can earn a handsome salary
Placement of BNYS
The BNYS students can find excellent job opportunities across the globe. The BNYS candidates can become naturopathy doctors in Naturopathic centres, Naturopathic Clinics, etc. They can join as Spa Managers in luxury resorts and star hotels, they can even join as yoga trainers in Yoga training centres.
- The ideal BNYS professional can easily earn 5 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum.
Some of the job roles available after BNYS are:
- Ayurvedic Practitioner
- Yoga Instructor
- Spa Therapist
- Herbal Therapist
- Spa Manager
Top Recruiters for BNYS students
Some of the popular recruiters hiring BNYS students are:
- ITC Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Club Mahindra
- Sterling Hotels
Advantages of Galaxy placement services
Why Choose Galaxy Education for BNYS admissions?
- The students will get exclusive and detailed information about all the naturopathy and yogic science colleges in Bangalore and they will be given complete assistance for getting admissions to the list of top BNYS colleges in Bangalore
- The students can take direct admissions to BNYS in Bangalore in the top naturopathy & yogic science colleges in Bangalore
- The students will be provided with facilities such as travel guide and exclusive campus tours to the list of Bangalore’s top BNYS colleges from Galaxy Education
- The students will get genuine information, reviews and research-based ratings about different BNYS colleges under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) from alumni students and existing students
- The students will be given an in-depth comparison of different naturopathy & yogic science colleges and institutions based on their budgets
- The students of Galaxy Education will enjoy exclusive placement support services from top healthcare organisations of the world.
question_answer FAQ's for BNYS Admissions
Is BNYS a medical degree?
Graduates having a BNYS medical degree can practice medicine as a General Practitioner (GP) anywhere in India or abroad under different State Medical Councils according to the Indian Constitutional Law, Medical ACT, and Bill Rules. BNYS medical graduates are considered equivalent to MBBS medical graduates as a General Physician.
Can BNYS graduates use the prefix ‘Dr.’?
BNYS graduates are considered equivalent to MBBS medical graduates as a General Physician after the successful completion of the program. Graduates are eligible to add the prefix ‘Dr.’ before their name and can be called ‘Doctor’.
Is BNYS equivalent to an MBBS degree?
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) is an undergraduate program in Indian Alternative Medicine which involves the study of both Naturopathy Medicine and Therapeutic Yoga. Hence, BNYS medical graduates are considered equivalent to MBBS medical graduates as a General Physician.
Is NEET qualification required for BNYS?
The NEET Exam has been abolished by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for this academic year (2019) in health colleges and institutions in Karnataka. In order to get BNYS admission in health colleges and institutions in Karnataka, the Karnataka-based candidates have to write the CET Exam conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
What treatment techniques does Naturopathy use?
Naturopathic Medicine is a healthcare system that uses natural remedies to help the body heal itself. It embraces many therapies including botanical medicine, nutritional therapy, massages, physiotherapy, acupuncture, physical exercise, and nutritional counselling for healthcare and healing. It is regarded as customized treatment for overall health and wellbeing.
What are the opportunities after BNYS in India and Abroad?
There are plenty of career opportunities after BNYS in India and Abroad. The BNYS degree has plenty of scope as people prefer Naturopathy and Yoga over conventional therapy because of its quick healing ability, zero side effects, quick assimilation, and easy processing within the body.
A BNYS Doctor can work in the following domains after successful completion of the degree:
- Practice as a Lecturer or Teacher in Medical Universities
- Academic Professors in Medical colleges
- Yoga Teachers and Trainers
- Yoga registered Medical Practitioners
- Hospital Administrators
- Naturopathy Physicians
- General Physicians
- Health Administrators
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Acupuncture Physicians
- Massage and Spa Therapists
- Resort Therapists
- Officers in Government or private sector universities, Armed Forces, Star Hotels, and Hospitals
- Clinicians in specialty clinics targeting individual disorders like:
- Bariatric surgery (Obesity)
- Psycho Neurology (Stress)
- Allergology (Allergy)
- Fertility (Reproductive Medicine)
- De-addiction (De-addictive Medicine and Narcology)
- Back Pain (Palliative Medicine)
- Diet Counselling (Dietology)
- Rehabilitation (for medical, psychiatric, and post-operative cases)
- Pre-clinical and Para-clinical Specialists
- Non-clinical Specialists in healthcare roles such as:
- Medical Director
- Managing Director of a community clinic, hospital, or healthcare center
- Medical Officer in hospitals and clinics for Armed Forces
Is there a high demand for Naturopathic doctors?
The future is very promising for Naturopathic Medicine since healthcare has changed immensely and its approach in treating patients is moving in an unconventional yet positive direction. Healthcare Services are being provided by a team of professionals instead of one lead provider, and that's why Naturopathic Medicine is a great option for candidates who want to have a great impact on general Public Health.
According to the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges, Naturopathic doctors were found to work in a ratio of 4:7 compared to MBBS doctors.
What is the average salary of a Naturopathic doctor?
The average salary of a Naturopathic doctor is between 6.5 LPA to 8 LPA. The actual salary may vary greatly based on various factors like:
- Specialization within the field
- Work exposure and experience and various other factors.
What can I do after BNYS?
After the BNYS course, graduates have many future prospects. This includes:
- MD in Naturopathy
- MD in Yoga
- MD in Clinical Acupuncture
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
- Master of Healthcare & Hospital Management
- MPhil Naturopathy
- MPhil Yogic Science
- PhD Naturopathy
- PhD Yogic Science
- Recruitment in Naturopathy Clinics, Yoga Therapy Centers, Rehabilitation Centers, and Ayurvedic Clinics
There are plenty of opportunities available however, candidates should select their future course or career based on their own passion, interest, and inclination rather than standard recommendations.