BTECH/BE Computer Science and Engineering in Big Data (Bachelor of Engineering/Technology in Computer Science and Engineering in Big Data)
Big Data is a term that describes the large volume of data of both structured and unstructured that includes a business on a day-to-day basis. But it’s not the amount of data that’s important, but it’s important what the organisations do with this huge data and it matters a lot. Big data can be analysed for the insights it provides that apparently leads to better decisions and strategic business moves by the decision-makers in the organisations. The term ‘big data’ refers to data that is large, fast or complex that it’s difficult or impossible to process using traditional methods and requires specialised techniques and skills to decipher the huge data.
The act of accessing the strong large amounts of information for analytics has been around a long time. But the concept of big data gained momentum in the early 2000s, when industry analysts articulated what is now is the mainstream definition of big data as the three “Vs” i.e.” Volume, Velocity, Variety”.
Lately the term ‘big data’ has been under limelight, but not many people know about big data till today. Businesses, governmental institutions, healthcare providers and financial as well as academic institutions are all leveraging the power of big data to enhance business prospects along with improved customer experience. With the increase in social media the big data gained a lot of importance in the last 5 years and it is predicted that this trend continues to remain high in coming days in the tech field.
class Major Courses
Some of the popular specialisations available in B.Tech Computer Science are:
Course 13: BTech/BE CSE - Mathematics & Computing
Course 14: BTech/BE CSE - Robotic process Automation
BTech/BE Computer Science and Technology (Big Data) course details
|Entrance Exams||Karnataka CET / COMED-K / JEE Advance / JEE-Main|
|Fees||Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 2,50,000 per annum|
|Admission Process:||Merit - The candidates seeking admission under merit to B.Tech. programme should qualify CET/COMED-K/JEE/JEE-Main Exam. The qualified students are then required to undergo, JEE counselling, CET counselling and COMED-K counselling to get admission to B.Tech. programme.
Management - Students looking for Management seats can go for Direct Admission
List of Top BTech/BE Computer Science and Technology (Big Data) Colleges in Bangalore
Course name: BTech/BE Computer Science and Engineering in (Big Data)
- Presidency University / VTU
Eligibility: Pre-University / Higher Secondary /10+2 examination Pass with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in the above subjects taken together Appeared for JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; PUEET-2020 or any other State-level Engineering Entrance Examination.
Duration: 4 Years
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security)
- Computer Science and Engineering (IoT)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Block Chain)
- Computer Science and Technology (DevOps)
- Computer Science and Technology (Big Data)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Data Science)
- Computer Engineering (Data Analytics)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering (IT infrastructure)
- Information Science and Engineering [Business Analytics & Optimization]
- Information Science and Technology (Internet Technologies)
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering [Infrastructure Development]
- Civil Engineering [Smart Cities]
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering [Power & Energy Systems]
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering [Automotive Electronics]
- Mechanical Engineering [Additive Manufacturing]
Campus Location: Itgalpur Rajanakunte, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560064
- The college is well conneceted to Bus Stations Railway Stations & airport
- Distance from Airport is 28.1 km
- Distance from Majestic(Central Railway Station(SBC)) is 29.8 km
List of BTech/BE Computer Science and Engineering in (Big Data) colleges
Syllabus of BTech/BE Computer Science and Technology (Big Data)
|Year I||Year I||
|Year II||Year III||
|Year III||Year V||
|Year IV||Year VII||
Placement of BTech/BE Computer Science and Technology (Big Data)
Big data is influencing the IT industry like the other few technologies or trends that have done in the past. If analysed effectively, massive information caches can help companies improve their decision-making and can enable them to compete on another level. The big data has the potential to change the way governments, organisations, and academic institutions conduct business and make discoveries and it's likely to change how everyone lives their day-to-day lives.
The big data is shaping our very lives in a number of ways by helping the organisations to extract better businesses, from the obtained data that is interpreted by the big data analysts. The big data professionals at initial days of their career will be working as team members of data management in the given organisation. Within a few years of their career they can become team leaders or even project managers, and can lead a team of big data professionals.
select_all Benefits of BTech/BE Computer Science and Technology (Big Data)
The Computer Science & Engineering (Big Data) professionals will enjoy the following benefits in their career
- High Salaries: With increasing amounts of growing data, the demand for B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering (Big Data) students are increasing day by day. Companies like Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft are paying a pretty high amount of money to their Big Data professionals to work on their customer data.
- Big Data is used in every industry: The Big data professionals are not restricted to work for just a few industry segments, but their contribution is for all kinds of industry verticals. One can work in any of the domains like finance, manufacturing, information technology, communications, retail, logistics and automobiles. Each industry uses big data for taking a competitive advantage and making data driven decisions. The time is ripe to choose big data as a next career option.
- Skill Enhancement: Learning big data can be one’s best investment in a career. One can expect a good reward from developing a skill of big data, that not only helps them at their professional levels but also at personal levels. In general, the domain of big data is full of unsolved problems and puzzles to solve, which can greatly enhance one’s analytical skills and reasoning.
- Provides Competitive Advantage: One of the key abilities of big data is to make data driven decisions. Data-driven decisions making refers to the practice of making decisions on the analysis of data, rather than making decisions purely on intuition. Instead of making a decision as per past experiences, the decision is based on possible future trends in case of usage of big data. This is the competitive edge that the big data analysts can expect in their careers.
Better Career Opportunities: With the increase in datasets across the universe, the demand for big data professionals is very hot. According to estimates the data will further continue to grow to zettabytes in 2025. This means that the need for data scientists, data engineers and data analysts is more as they are required to play a bigger role in the future world of technology.
Top Recruiters for BTech/BE Computer Science and Technology (Big Data) students
There are a good number of job roles available for B.Tech computer Science & Engineering (Big data) students in the industry. Many organisations are in need of skilled big data professionals to interpret the large consumer data generated on a daily basis. Some of the excellent placement opportunities available for B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering (big data) are given below
Data Engineer: The Data Engineer acts as a link between data scientists and business executives in the organisation. They are responsible for communicating data scientists about business goals, so that they can work accordingly to achieve the objectives within the specified deadlines. They also handle a vast amount of raw data and evaluate new data sources.
Average Salary: As a Data Engineer one will earn a salary of about 5 lakhs to 9 lakhs per annum.
Data Analyst: The data analysts are problem solvers who analyse data systems, create automated systems to retrieve information from the database and compile reports based on the interpreted data in the organisation.
Average Salary: As a Data Analyst one will earn a salary of about 4 lakhs to 8 lakhs per annum
Data Scientist: The data scientists are responsible to analyse the raw data which can be structured and unstructured to derive information which is used by business leaders to make important decisions impacting business growth.
Average Salary: As a Data Scientist one will earn a salary of about 6 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum
Data Architect: The data architects are members of a big data team who understand all the aspects of database designs of the organisation. They collaborate with big data engineers to create data workflow and are responsible for designing and testing new database prototypes for the organisation.
Average Salary: As a Data Architect one will earn a salary of about 6 lakhs to 12 lakhs per annum