BTECH/BE Petroleum Engineering (Bachelor of Engineering/Technology in Petroleum Engineering)
The B.Tech/BE Petroleum Engineering is an 4-year undergraduate course that is divided into 8-semesters. The course involves designing and developing methods to extract oil and gas deposit below the earth’s surface. The course learns the innovative process of extraction such as mining, drilling etc.
The course teaches the students about petroleum geology and geophysics which focus on the provision of a static description of the hydrocarbon reservoir rock. The course also trains the students on the estimation of the recoverable volume of this resource with a detailed understanding of the physical behaviour of oil, water and gas within the porous rock at very high pressure.
class Major Courses
Some of the popular B.Tech Petroleum Engineering and its similar courses:
Course 2: BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering
Course 3: BTech/BE Mining Engineering
BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering course details
|Entrance Exams||Karnataka CET / COMED-K / JEE Advance / JEE-Main|
|Fees||Merit Quota: Rs.25,000 to Rs 75,000 per annum
Management Quota: Rs.75,000 to Rs. 10,00,000 per annum
|Admission Process:||Merit - The candidates seeking admission under merit to B.Tech. programme should qualify CET/COMED-K/JEE/JEE-Main Exam. The qualified students are then required to undergo, JEE counselling, CET counselling and COMED-K counselling to get admission to B.Tech. programme.
Management - Students looking for Management seats can go for Direct Admission
List of Top BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
Course name: BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering
- Presidency University / VTU
Eligibility: Pre-University / Higher Secondary /10+2 examination Pass with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with either Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) in the above subjects taken together Appeared for JEE (Main); JEE (Advanced); Karnataka CET; COMED-K; PUEET-2020 or any other State-level Engineering Entrance Examination.
Duration: 4 Years
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Computer Science and Technology
- Computer Science and Engineering (IoT)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Block Chain)
- Computer Science and Technology (DevOps)
- Computer Science and Technology (Big Data)
- Computer Science and Engineering (Data Science)
- Computer Engineering (Data Analytics)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering (IT infrastructure)
- Information Science and Engineering [Business Analytics & Optimization]
- Information Science and Technology (Internet Technologies)
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering [Infrastructure Development]
- Civil Engineering [Smart Cities]
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering [Power & Energy Systems]
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering [Automotive Electronics]
- Mechanical Engineering [Additive Manufacturing]
Campus Location: Presidency University, Itgalpur, Rajanakunte, Yelahanka, Bengaluru 560064
- The college is well conneceted to Bus Stations Railway Stations & airport
- Distance from Airport is 28.1 km
- Distance from Majestic(Central Railway Station(SBC)) is 29.8 km
List of BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering colleges
Syllabus of BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering
|Year I||Semester I||
|Year II||Semester III||
|Year III||Semester V||
|Year IV||Semester VII||
Placement of BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering
There is huge demand for skilled B.Tech/BE Petroleum Engineering students. They are one the most highly paid engineers in the sector and can expect excellent career growth in the field.
Some of the job roles are
Drilling Engineer: The drilling engineers are responsible for planning and executing drilling operations to extract minerals, metal ores, oil and natural gas across a variety of terrains, on land and underwater. You can also find opportunities with engineering consultancies and onshore, offshore and mobile drilling contractors.
Average drilling engineer salary ranges from 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum
Reservoir Engineer: The reservoir engineers determine the location and amount of fuel in underground reservoirs. Often, engineers work with advanced equipment, such as computer modelling and imaging programs, to locate reserves of oil and natural gas.
Average reservoir engineer salary ranges from 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs per annum
Production Engineer: The production engineers work in the sphere of manufacturing, overseeing the production of goods in many industries at factories or plants. Their main job is to ensure that all products are manufactured with utmost efficiency and quality, according to planned protocols using the appropriate technology.
Average production engineer salary ranges from 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum
Chief Petroleum Engineer: The chief petroleum engineer plans and directs engineering activities of a petroleum company to develop oil fields and produce oil and gas: Formulates programs for developing oil fields, planning schedules for drilling wells and for constructing pumping units, crude-oil treating units, and other production facilities.
Average chief petroleum engineer salary ranges from 5 lakhs to 7 lakhs per annum
select_all Benefits of BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering
As a petroleum engineering professional one will enjoy the following benefits in their careers
Excellent Pay Scales: Petrol is the main ingredient in our daily lives. Almost all the vehicles we use for our travel runs on petrol and diesel. The petroleum engineering professionals are highly valued and are given excellent salary packages when compared to others in the refineries.
Greater Demand for petroleum engineering Professionals: As petroleum engineering is main for everyone, the refineries are looking for skilled petroleum engineering professionals. Almost all the refineries are looking for petroleum engineering skills in all the new hires. So, there is a lot of demand for petroleum engineering professionals.
Productive and Cost Efficient: Petroleum engineering professionals ensure that the speed of the processes is increased many fold times. The petroleum engineering professionals will not waste time on nuts and buts, but they are capable of managing the simple operating tasks automatically. So, the productivity is more in case of petroleum engineering professionals when compared to others.
- Flexible career opportunities: Petroleum engineering is playing a dominant role in terms of petrol extraction. Petroleum engineers can find ample job opportunities across the globe and can earn handsome salary packages with excellent career growth opportunities.
Top Recruiters for BTech/BE Petroleum Engineering students
Some of the top organisations hiring B.Tech/BE Petroleum Engineering students are:
- Bharat Petroleum
- Indian Oil
- Shell Petrochemicals
- Hindustan Petroleum
- Reliance Petrochemicals
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- GAIL India