- The college was founded in the year 1996 and is currently popularly known as KVG Ayurvedic College Sullia.
- Dr.Leeladhar D.V is the Administrator of the college.
- Dr.N.S.Shettar is the principal of the college.
- The Founder President of K.V.G. Ayurveda Medical College is Sri. Kurunji Venkatramana Gowda.
These educational courses are guided and regulated by the body of statutory apex - that is the Central Council of Indian Medicine, where the rules and its regulations that govern the college management and administrative forces regarding factors such as syllabus, eligibility for Curriculum, admission, Terms and Conditions for admission, Attendance, payable fees for registration, university degrees, migration of eligibility certificate, and the Medical examination are as they are passed down by authorities at the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Karnataka, Bangalore.
Eligibility for admission in the BAMS Course (Undergraduate):
- Students looking for entry into the BAMS courses must pass the 2 year PUC or any other equivalent examination with the combination of PCB, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, an option with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects mentioned above.
- Examination of NEET is compulsory with a percentage of 50% for candidates in the General category, the percentage of 40% for candidates belonging to the OBC category and also for the SC/ST category, and finally 45% for candidates from UR & PH.
- All the candidates must complete 17 years of age as of the 31st of December of the year of admission. No other candidate may be allowed under any circumstances.
- Students and candidates who have passed an examination other than those falling under PU, Bangalore should submit a certificate of Eligibility before admission that is issued by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Students from abroad or foreign students may seek for admission to the B.A.M.S. degree course, if the parent University, that is, the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore- recognizes the necessary qualification and eligibility of their home country, and see whether or not they pass successfully in the examination conducted by the respective University.
Eligibility for admission in the Post Graduate Course: Eligibility for admission for MD Course in KVG Ayurveda college enforces that students who are seeking the entrance into the MD Course here must have passed the BAMS examination from an institution recognized by the CCIM with 50% aggregate marks.