Are you passionate about joining the medical labs?
Are you worried about not getting an MBBS admission? But still want to enter the medical field
Are you curious about the procedures involved in the clinical tests?
Read this article till the end to know more
What is B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)?
- The B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is a 3-year degree course that is divided into 6-semesters.
- The B.Sc medical lab technology course is also called clinical laboratory science in the allied health sciences.
- The students of the B.Sc medical laboratory technology (MLT) are given the training to perform various tasks related to human health like treatment, diagnosis and prevention of the diseases using the clinical methods and laboratory tests.
- The students of B.Sc MLT course are also given training to handle and maintain various medical testing equipment like CT Scan Machine, X-Ray Machine, MRI Machine etc.
- The B.Sc MLT course trains the students on sample collection techniques
- The B.Sc MLT course gives training on different methods and techniques of storage of the specimens and samples that are collected
- The B.Sc MLT course trains the students on various examination methods involved in sample tests and specimen tests
- The B.Sc MLT students are given training on the operation of the relevant diagnostic equipment for performing the tests
- The B.Sc MLT students are also given the training to prepare the reports based on their findings of the samples and specimens
- The B.Sc MLT students are also given training on the basics of pathology and are also given the detailed information about the diseases that occur in human beings
- The B.Sc MLT students are also given a brief understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology
What is the qualification for a lab technician?
The B.Sc MLT course students who are interested to join B.Sc Medical Laboratory technology course should have certain qualities like research-oriented mindset, hardworking, accuracy in tasks, should be able to handle the stress and should possess an eye for detail.
Some of the qualifications required for B.Sc MLT students are:
- The B.Sc MLT students should have good communication skills along with interpersonal skills.
- The B.Sc MLT students are also required to have interpreting technical skills for handling various medical equipment..
- The B.Sc MLT students are responsible to perform multiple roles as a medical lab technician.
- The B.Sc MLT students are required to collect the samples of the patients and perform different tests with those samples to diagnose the exact diseases.
- The B.Sc MLT students are required to generate reports based on their observations of the samples and should diagnose the exact disease in the patient.
- The B.Sc Medical Lab Technology students are given training to diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the diseases by utilizing the clinical laboratory tests.
- The B.Sc MLT students are important members of the health care group.
- The B.Sc MLT students are the experts and play the important role in collecting the required information that is necessary to provide the best care to the ill or injured patients.
- The B.Sc Medical lab technology students are also trained to operate many medical equipment like CT Scan Machine, X-Ray Machine, MRI Machine and many more.
- The B.Sc MLT students are required to perform the tests prescribed by the doctors to diagnose the ailments in the patients.
- The B.Sc MLT students are required to analyse the data obtained from these tests and should generate the reports based on the observations.
- The doctor then analyses the report and initiates the proper treatments to the patients. and the B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) students play a crucial role in detecting and analysing the ailments in the patients.
- The B.Sc MLT are also required to collect the blood samples, urine samples, stool samples, tissue samples etc from the patients.
- The B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) students should perform all the collection tasks in the hygienic conditions to rule out any form of infections.
Some of the important roles of the B.Sc Medical lab Technician (MLT) is:
- They are required to collect the samples from the patients
- They should properly label them according to the patients
- They are responsible to store the samples and specimens in safe storage areas
- They should examine the specimens by subjecting them to various tests
- They are required to note down the findings and observations of the specimens and samples
- They are required to inform the concerned pathologist about their observations and findings and should try to identify the disease of the patient
The B.Sc Medical Lab Technology (MLT) course trains the students on the following aspects:
- The course trains the students on sample collection techniques
- The course gives training on different methods and techniques of storage of the specimens and samples that are collected
- The course trains the students on various examination methods involved in sample tests and specimen tests
- The students are given training on the operation of the relevant diagnostic equipment for performing the tests
- The students are also given the training to prepare the reports based on their findings of the samples and specimens
- The students are also given training on the basics of pathology
- The students are also given detailed information about the diseases that occur in human beings
- The students are also given a brief understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology
How can I get admission to the medical lab technician course in Bangalore?
- The B.Sc MLT course is one of the most popular courses that is making some noise in the current industry.
- There is a huge demand for this course, the chances are high that seats may run out very fast and many students may miss the chance of joining this course due to unconventional methods like waiting.
- In order to avoid this the students can opt for Direct admission packages from Galaxy Education.
- The desired students can directly contact us to pre book your seats in your desired colleges under direct admission mode, so that you will be having the confirmed admissions even before the academic year starts.
How Galaxy Education helps with the B.Sc MLT admissions process in Bangalore?
- Galaxy Education is one of the top educational advisory councils in Bangalore.
- Galaxy Education helps the students with admission process for B.Sc MLT courses in the top colleges for MLT in Bangalore
- We are a government registered educational advisory that provides excellent admission opportunities for the students to various courses and colleges in Bangalore.
- We have successfully counselled students and have helped them join the courses according to their interests.
- We are tied up with top allied health science colleges in Bangalore and we are official admission partners for more than 100+ top colleges in Bangalore.
- Over a legacy of 17 years, we have successfully provided admissions to more than 1,00,000 students across different colleges and have even assisted them with excellent placement opportunities.
- Our students are spread across the globe working in top positions in different top MNCs of the world.
- The team at Galaxy Education will assist the students will all the top trending courses under health sciences
- The team at Galaxy Education helps the students to choose the right allied health science courses that are in huge demand at the top colleges
- The team at Galaxy Education helps the students by providing them with the list of best B.Sc MLT colleges in Bangalore and assist them to choose the right college for them
- The students can expect a hassle-free admission to their chosen B.Sc MLT course in Bangalore without any hurdles with Galaxy Education
What is the Scope for B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology students?
- The B.Sc Medical laboratory Technology students have unlimited options to practice in various settings.
- They are hired in hospitals, public health facilities, nursing homes, clinics, commercial laboratories, community health centres, diagnostic centres, scanning centres, research agencies, research laboratories etc.
Some of the job roles available after B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) are:
- Lab Technician
- Laboratory Manager
- Medical Officer
- Research Associate
- Medical Record Technician
- Resident Medical Officer
- Lab Assistant
- Laboratory Testing Manager
- X-Ray Technician
- CT Scan Technician
- MRI Technician
What is the Salary Package for B.Sc MLT Students?
What are the Placement Opportunities for B.Sc MLT students?
The B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) students can get exciting job opportunities in various places such as government hospitals, private hospitals, health care clinics, medical pathology laboratories, research laboratories, urologists, diagnostic centres, clinical laboratories etc.
Some of the top recruiters hiring B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) students are:
- Apollo Hospitals
- Medanta Hospitals
- Sun Pharma
- HLL Life Care
- Fortis Hospitals
- Max Healthcare
- Metro hospitals
- Dr. Reddy Path labs
- Padmashree Diagnostic Centre
The B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology has gained a lot of demand in the last decade. The increase in medical diseases has increased the number of diagnostic centres and hospitals. The B.Sc Medical Laboratory technology students can easily find job opportunities in various sectors of health care such as hospitals, diagnostic centres etc.
speaker_notes Discussion Forum
Start your discussion
At Galaxy Education, we help you through the process of finding and applying to the right Colleges in Bangalore. Contact us in below details to get more
information on admission procedure and how to secure your seat: