If we ask any Class 12 or PUC student about their future goals and the majority of them will give you an utterly confusing answer. It is not because they are ambitionless nor have any idea about what to do in the future. It is because they do not know what to do with the educational eligibility, they need to pursue their vision. They are completely confused and in a state of uncertainty.
The reason for this kind of confusion is that, because the class 12th students have a plethora of choices to choose any diploma, certificate, or degree courses. It can be very confusing, overwhelming, and limitless for students. The most useful advice in such situations is to pursue the path that fascinates and inspires you to accomplish your best.
Popular Courses for Science students
The science stream students have ample courses to choose right from engineering to medical, dental, etc. Some of the popular courses available for Class 12th or PUC students in science are:
- MBBS: The Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is one of the most popular education choices for people studying Biology. The 5.5-years course prepares students for the rigorous demands of a doctor and a surgeon. There are various specialisations that one can choose from. The MBBS degree is regarded as one of the most rewarding career paths. Many doctors had shifted from the field to focus on research and created path-breaking treatment options.
- BDS: It is a 5-years bachelor’s degree in dental sciences and dental surgery. Students interested in becoming dentists or dental surgeons can join the BDS course. Dental science is one of the most popular degrees after MBBS. BDS students can earn very well and can also find ample opportunities for career growth.
- BAMS(Ayurveda): The Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) is a 5-years graduate degree that covers the study of the integrated system of modern medicine and traditional Ayurveda. The main aim of the course is to provide students with the basic education in Ayurveda and its related fields. The course also prepares the students with the basic education and knowledge in Ayurvedic Science and its application for different health studies and problems.
- BHMS(Homoeopathy): The Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) is an undergraduate programme that covers in-depth medical knowledge of the homoeopathic system. The course is of 5.5-years duration and the main aim of the course is to cover the theoretical and practical knowledge of the homoeopathic system. Homoeopathy is based on the self-healing power of our bodies and focuses on accounting for that.
- B.Pharma: The bachelor’s in pharmacy is another lucrative course for biology students. It’s a 4-years course and one can practice as a chemist after completion of the degree. The B.Pharm students can set up their own medical stores in their neighbourhood. They are preferred by medical companies as medical representatives with generous salary packages and other perks.
- Allied Health Sciences: There are numerous allied health sciences programs as well, that students can pursue after 10+2. The allied health sciences are 3-years courses that are gaining a lot of importance and popularity in the last 5 to 10 years due to excellent career growth opportunities. The allied health science courses are specialised programs that take sub-specialisations in a particular domain. They are required in large numbers in hospitals, trauma care centres, nursing homes, diagnostic centres, etc.
- B.Tech/BE: It is one of the most popular and preferred career options for science students. Most of the parents in India want their children to become engineers. Every year, around 15 lakh engineers graduate according to AICTE. The B. Tech/BE is a 4-years course that has been the most chosen course after medical and dental science courses. The huge demand for skilled engineers has created enormous job opportunities for engineers across the globe.
- B.Arch: The Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is a 5-years graduation course which gives them knowledge of the science behind the building, construction, interior, and exterior design. The students need to clear NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) to get admission in the recognized architecture colleges.
- BCA: The Bachelor of Computer Application is a 3-years program. It is one of the perfect options for all the candidates who are looking to build a strong career in the world of Information Technology and Digital data.
- B.Sc.: The Bachelor of Science is a 3-years degree course; both PCM and PCB students can join this undergraduate course. The students have an array of courses that they can specialise in different subjects like chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, biology, biotechnology, microbiology, computer science, statistics, genetics, biochemistry, etc.
New Age Career Options after 12th for science students
In this era of technology, numerous new-age career options have emerged in the last decade. Some of the most trending and new age careers available for Class 12th or PUC students are:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- B.Sc (Botany, Zoology, Nursing, Radiography)
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
- Big Data
- Data Science
- Ethical Hacking
- Cyber Security
- Physicists & Teaching
- Block chain Engineer
- Game coder
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Health care management
- Health tourism
- Biomedical engineering
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science (BNYS)
- Environmental Science and Sustainable Development
- Clinical research
- Hospital Management
The Class 12th, or PUC is one of the most important and turning point phases in any one's professional career. The choices chosen by these students decide the future of their professional career. Although there are ample number of opportunities available after class 12th, the students who make the right choice and decision will reap the seeds in the future. The current article tries to remove some type of confusion in young minds, so that they can choose better and succeed in their careers.
speaker_notes Discussion Forum
Start your discussion
At Galaxy Education, we help you through the process of finding and applying to the right Colleges in Bangalore. Contact us in below details to get more
information on admission procedure and how to secure your seat: