M.Ch (Magister of Chirurgiae)
Duration: 3 years
Level: Post Doctoral Programme.
Entrance Exam: NEET SS
Mode of Admission: Merit
- The candidates seeking admission to M.Ch should mandatorily qualify NEET-PG Exam. The NEET qualified students looking for admission in karnataka colleges should undergo the counseling conducted by Medical Counseling Committee(MCC).
List of Top M.Ch Colleges in Bangalore
About the course:
The M.Ch. programme is Post Doctoral degree in Indian Medical System which is the highest Master Degree in surgical field. The course deals with the branch of medicine that is related to medical surgeries. The candidates can specialize in surgical procedures in different specializations.
The students will be studying in-depth about the surgeries and surgical procedures involved in specific specialisations.
The M.Ch. students can choose their desired field of surgery such as Ophthalmology, Urology, Gastrology, Nephrology, Oncology, General Surgery and many more.
MS Ramaiah Medical College - Bangalore
Course name: M.Ch.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS)
- Government of Karnataka
Eligibility: Candidates who are in possession of a recognised postgraduate medical degree (MD/MS/DNB) Provisional Pass Certificate or a recognised postgraduate qualification or or are likely to be in possession of one by 15th July of the year of admission
Duration: 3 Years
Vascular Surgery Urology Plastic Surgery Paediatric Surgery Neurosurgery
Campus Location: M S Ramaiah Nagar, MSRIT Post Bangalore - 560054
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College is located just 7 km from Bangalore city. Bangalore is famous for the Information Technology Industry, also known as the "Silicon Valley". The area of the college enjoys a salubrious climate and is placed at an altitude of 3000 feet above the sea level. The city is well connected by Airport, Railway stations and Roadways.
- The location makes it feasible for students from across the country as well as globe to seek admission to the esteemed institution.
- Distance from Airport is 30.5 km
- Distance from Bangalore central Railways(Majestic) is 9.7 km
List of M.Ch. colleges
Career Scope of M.Ch
There are ample job opportunities for M.Ch. Surgeons. The M.Ch. Surgeons are hired in both government and private hospitals. M.Ch. Surgeons can get easily hired by top-notch hospitals and healthcare companies for handsome pay packages.
The M.Ch. Surgeons can even start their clinics and start practising independently. Those with the teaching bent of mind can become professors in medical colleges and take up the teaching profession.
M.Ch. Surgeons can also take up research in the medical field by joining research institutes across the globe.
Some of the career opportunities available for M.Ch. Surgeons are:
- Medical Oncologist
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
Placements for M.Ch
The M.Ch. Surgeons are readily hired as soon after the completion of the M.Ch. programme for handsome salary packages.
Some of the recruiters hiring M.Ch. Surgeons are:
- Apollo Hospitals
- Aster Healthcare
- Columbia Asia Hospitals
- Metro Hospitals
- Fortis Hospitals
- HCG Global
- Hosmet Hospitals
- Narayana Hrudayalaya
- Manipal Hospitals