Diploma in Ophthalmology/Optometry Technology
Duration: 3 years
Level: Bachelor Programme.
Mode of Admission: Merit /Management
- Merit- Students looking for merit admission can apply for government seats.
- Management- Students looking for Management seats can go for Direct Admission.
About The Course:
The diploma course includes the theoretical and practical applications of vision examination, care, treatment, and management; vision screening, orthoptics, and vision training. Clinical skill development enables candidates to professionally diagnose and measure eyesight, prescribe corrective lenses, and identify and detect eye diseases, visual disorders, and hereditary vision defects. Multiple methods of visual screening, orthotics and vision training, optometric counseling, and designing and fitting of spectacles, contact lens, and low vision aids is taught to candidates. Practical exposure and hands-on training ensures that candidates are upskilled and updated with the current eye-related trends. Skills like community respect, dedication, and patience are promoted through this course.
Placement of Diploma in Ophthalmology Technology (Optometry)
Career opportunities are available in government and private hospitals, eye clinics, optician showrooms, contact lens and ophthalmic lens industries, optical shops, and emergency wards. Potential career roles:
- Sales Executive
- Refractionist and Ophthalmic Assistant
- Customer Care Associate
- Vision Consultant
- Professor or Lecturer
- Clinical Associate
- Vision Care Associate
Top Recruiters for Diploma in Ophthalmology Technology (Optometry) students
- Manipal Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
- Fortis Healthcare
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi
- Wockhardt Hospitals Limited
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences and Research Institute
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Health City
- Aster Medcity
- Apollo Cradle
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
- Medanta Hospitals
- Sharda Hospital
- Max Hospitals
- Cleveland Clinic