Syllabus of Bsc Optometry
Placement of Bsc Optometry
The B.Sc Optometry students can find excellent job opportunities across the globe. The B.Sc Optometry candidates are easily hired by eye hospitals and eye clinics abroad, especially in European, Australian and Gulf countries. They can expect a decent income of 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum. The income is better in abroad countries.
Some of the job roles available for B.Sc Optometry students are:
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Vision Consultant
- Vision Care Associate
- Ocular Associate
Top Recruiters for Bsc Optometry students
Advantages of Galaxy placement services
- The students will get exclusive and detailed information about all the allied health science colleges in Bangalore and they will be given complete assistance for getting admissions to the list of top B.Sc Optometry colleges in Bangalore
- The students can take direct admissions in allied health science colleges in Bangalore in the top 10 allied health science colleges in Bangalore
- The students will be provided with facilities such as travel guide and exclusive campus tours to the list of Bangalore’s top allied health science colleges from Galaxy Education
- The students will get genuine information, reviews and research-based ratings about different allied health sciences colleges under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) from alumni students and existing students
- The students will be given an in-depth comparison of different nursing colleges and institutions based on their budgets
- The students of Galaxy Education will enjoy exclusive placement support services from top healthcare organisations of the world.
FAQ's for Bsc Optometry Admissions
What is B.Sc Optometry?
B.Sc Optometry is a four-year undergraduate course which deals with one of the significant and precious organs of the body - the Eyes.
B.Sc Optometry candidates have to be very careful and specific in terms of their work ethics specifically when it comes to working with the technical implementation in the human body. Below are some of the subjects and topics covered in the B.Sc Optometry syllabus:
- Eye Anatomy & Physiology
- Basic Biochemistry
- Eye Anatomy & Physiology.
Candidates can opt for Higher Education in the Master of Optometry (M.Sc. Optometry) course where they can learn comprehensive information and technologies related to the same.
The Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc Optometry is to pass Secondary and Higher Secondary education (10+2) with a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects.
Some of the B.Sc Optometry job opportunities after graduation are roles as:
- Customer Care Associate
- Vision Consultant
- Clinical Associate
- Vision Care Associate
- Medical Officer
- Clinical Trial Research Intelligence
Why Choose B.Sc Optometry?
The B.Sc Optometry course is an important specialization of Allied Health Science because:
- The course is very specific in terms of its curriculum and its syllabus which helps candidates to be very precise in terms of their Research and Documentation.
- The opportunities for the course in countries like China, USA, and Australia are abundant where candidates can have a full-time lucrative job with additional incentives.
- Candidates can also opt for Higher Studies in Master of Optometry (MSc Optometry) where their knowledge is enhanced with technical skills and applications.
- Candidates can work in Research Labs and other hospitals in India for complete application of one's knowledge in the practical and scientific field.
- The work ethics and research activities in this domain are active where every individual can progress professionally, regardless of their educational background
Which are the best colleges for B.Sc Optometry in Bangalore?
There are many colleges in Bangalore that offer B.Sc Optometry courses. Many of the colleges that offer B.Sc Optometry courses in Bangalore are affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) while some deemed universities are affiliated to Medical Council of India (MCI).
The colleges affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) usually follow the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) syllabus. The deemed universities under Medical Council of India (MCI) have their own syllabus for B.Sc Optometry.
Some of the best colleges in Bangalore for B.Sc Optometry are:
- MS Ramaiah University of Applied Science
- Vydehi Medical College
- Rajarajeswari Medical College
- RR Institute of Allied Health Sciences
- Acharya Institute of Allied Health Sciences
How to get Direct Admission for B.Sc Optometry in Bangalore?
Students can get admission to B.Sc Optometry course by two modes. The first one is Merit-based and the second one is Direct Admission via Management Quota.
Almost all the colleges have reserved Merit seats, so that the students can apply for them. For Direct Admission under Management Quota, students can get Direct Admission to the top colleges of Bangalore under Management Quota. Most of the colleges have Management Quota seats and students can reserve these seats for admissions in advance.
What is the eligibility for B.Sc Optometry in Bangalore?
The minimum eligibility criteria for B.Sc Optometry is that students should have passed their PUC or 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as principal subjects with a minimum of 40% marks from a recognized board.
What is the course fee for B.Sc Optometry in Bangalore?
The fees for the B.Sc Optometry program varies from each college. The top colleges in Bangalore have slightly higher fee structure, while mid-level and average colleges have lesser fee structures.
The Merit seats offered under Government Quota in colleges for B.Sc Optometry start from approximately Rs. 30,000 per year. The Management seats in the colleges start from approximately Rs. 50,000 per year. The top colleges and deemed/private universities in Bangalore, with better placement records and better passing percentage will quote higher fees, while the average quality institutions with lesser performance records will charge lesser fee structure.
To know about the fee structure for B.Sc Optometry, students can contact the educational advisor at Galaxy Educational Services for details about the fees of both Merit and Management seats.
Is there any entrance exam for B.Sc Optometry?
Yes, Karnataka CET (KCET) is the Entrance Exam for B.Sc Optometry admissions. Students looking for Government Merit seats should write this exam. However, KCET is not mandatory for getting admission into B.Sc Optometry colleges.
What are the job opportunities for B.Sc Optometry?
There are plenty of job opportunities for B.Sc Optometry graduates in both the public sector as well as the private sector. The scope of B.Sc Optometry has increased as the importance of Optometry in modern-day healthcare is increasing progressively.
Graduates will be provided with additional on-the-job training during the course, which will help them to attain the required practical experience and knowledge on the subject. This will enhance their profile and also their job opportunities.
The most common job roles available for B.Sc Optometry graduates are:
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Vision Consultant
- Vision Care Associate
What is the salary package for B.Sc Optometry?
The average salary offered for this course depends on the candidate’s role and the company in which they are hired. The average salary ranges between 3 to 20 LPA. The average B.Sc Optometry fresher can earn approximately 3 LPA. The salary varies according to experience, skills, job location, and recruiter.
Are B.Sc Optometry students eligible to join MBBS?
No, B.Sc Optometry students are not eligible to join the MBBS course.
The eligibility for MBBS is 50% aggregate in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The candidate should be NEET-UG eligible. If a B.Sc Optometry candidate wants to do an MBBS course, they have to join at the base of 12th standard.
What are the job opportunities abroad after B.Sc Optometry?
B.Sc Optometry students have a plethora of opportunities abroad. Graduates receive several job opportunities as Optometrists and Eye Care Technicians in several eye care centres, emergency response teams, and hospitals. They are even paid decent salary packages with additional incentives.
What is the admission procedure for B.Sc Optometry in Bangalore?
The students seeking admission for the B.Sc Optometry course should have successfully passed in PUC or 10+2 from a recognised board.
The Admission for B.Sc Optometry course is of 2 modes:
Merit-based Admission - students seeking Government Merit seats have to write the KCET exam and attend CET Counselling. Students looking for Institution-based Merit seats have to write Institution-based Entrance exams ( if any).
Direct Admission under Management Quota - students can get Direct Admission to the top colleges of Bangalore under Management Quota. Most of the colleges have Management Quota seats and students can reserve these seats for admissions in advance
What is the syllabus for B.Sc Optometry?
The students of B.Sc Optometry will be studying the important concepts and topics related to Allied Health Subjects.
Some of the important subjects included in the B.Sc Optometry syllabus are:
Theory Practical General Anatomy & General physiology General Anatomy & General physiology Basic Biochemistry & Nutrition Basic Biochemistry & Nutrition Ocular Anatomy, Ocular Physiology & Biochemistry Ocular Anatomy, Ocular Physiology & Biochemistry Physical & Geometric Optics & Principles of Lighting Physical & Geometric Optics & Principles of Lighting Computer Basics & Computer Programming Computer Basics & Computer Programming Optometric Optics & Dispensing Optometry Optometric Optics & Dispensing Optometry Clinical Examination Of Visual System & Optometric Instruments Clinical Examination Of Visual System & Optometric Instruments Visual Optics Visual Optics Pharmacology, Microbiology & Pathology Pharmacology, Microbiology & Pathology Medical Psychology Contact Lenses Contact Lenses Systemic & Ocular Diseases Systemic & Ocular Diseases Low Vision Aids & Geriatric Optometry Low Vision Aids & Geriatric Optometry Practice Management, Law in Optometry & Occupational Optometry Practice Management, Law in Optometry & Occupational Optometry Research Methodology & Biostatistics Pediatric Optometry, Advances In Optometry & Binocular Vision Pediatric Optometry, Advances In Optometry & Binocular Vision Clinics & Special Clinics
The above syllabus may vary from various Allied Health boards but all the subjects above are the important ones. They are covered in all the colleges that are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Which are the best colleges for B.Sc Optometry placements in Bangalore?
There are many top educational institutes in Bangalore that provide excellent placement opportunities for B.Sc Optometry graduates:
- MS Ramaiah University of Health Science
- Vydehi Medical College
- RajaRajeswari Medical College
- KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research
- BGS College of Allied Health Sciences
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
However, there are also some colleges that lack dedicated Placement Departments for B.Sc Optometry students. The students should be cautious while choosing the colleges and should cross verify from educational guidance centres before joining these institutes for the B.Sc Optometry program.
What are the courses available after B.Sc Optometry?
Candidates who complete B.Sc Optometry can pursue multiple courses for higher studies in the field of Allied Health Science. Some courses are:
- Master of Optometry (M. Optom)
- Master of Science Optometry (M.Sc Optometry)
- MBA Healthcare Analytics
- MBA Hospital Administration
How can I choose the right college for a B.Sc Optometry course in Bangalore?
Students should be very careful while selecting the colleges for their B.Sc Optometry studies. The students should follow a checklist before choosing any institute for their studies.
Some of the tips that the students should follow before selecting the college are:
Check for Accreditations and Recognitions - students should initially check for the accreditations, affiliations and recognitions of the colleges. The students should be aware that many colleges are not giving accurate information on their websites.
Students should cross verify the same from various sources both online and offline. So, it is advised to think twice and cross verify the information of the colleges by the students before taking any decisions.
Check for Placement Statistics - students can get accurate placement information available on official websites. Some of the colleges, for the sake of marketing, highlight the wrong placement statistics on the websites and misguide the students. The students should be very careful about such unethical marketing techniques. They should cross verify the same from multiple sources available on both offline and online modes.
Previous year’s Passing Percentage - students should look for the passing percentage of the previous years of the colleges genuinely from the multiple sources of both offline and online methods. Students should be cautious because there are few colleges in Bangalore that provide wrong information about their previous years passing percentages. They should cross verify the information provided on the websites from different sources both from online and offline methods.
Prepare the list of colleges - students should prepare the list of the colleges according to their budget. Then the students are advised to contact the counsellors or educational experts with the list of the colleges
Contact Educational Counsellors - students can contact Galaxy Educational Services with the list of the colleges made by them. The counsellors at Galaxy Educational services are educational experts and give guidance to the students and help them to choose the relevant college that is well within their budgets.
How can I get to know the actual ranking and rating of B.Sc Optometry colleges and universities in Bangalore?
There are many online websites that give ratings and rankings for the colleges in India. Sometimes, the information provided by them is correct, however, most of the information given in these websites is irrelevant and inaccurate.
The students should always contact the government registered bodies for getting details about the ranking and ratings of the colleges. Galaxy Educational Services is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified government registered educational centre with 16 years of experience in the Education sector. They provide the reviews and rankings for the institutes that are based on extensive research conducted by experts.
What can I do after completing B.Sc Optometry?
Graduates of B.Sc Optometry have ample scope and opportunities soon after the completion of the B.Sc Optometry course:
- They can look for job openings in various hospitals, clinics, and research labs
- They can continue Higher Studies with Diploma in Ophthalmology Technology, M.Sc Emergency Medicine, M.Sc Critical Care, Master of Public Health
- They can pursue management degrees with MBA Hospital Administration and PGDM courses
- They can opt for further studies with MPhil and PhD
How can I find a suitable college for B.Sc Optometry in Bangalore?
Before finalizing a college for B.Sc Optometry in Bangalore, it is better to follow the below points:
- Check whether your marks match with the college eligibility criteria like academic performance, final percentage, etc. and the college admission requirements
- Finalize the budget and check if the college fee structure is suitable for your decided budget
- Review the college infrastructure and campus facilities from multiple reliable sources
- Research about the authenticity of the information provided by the institutions like college placement history, popular recruiters, campus placement records and average CTC offered to students. Most of the colleges are passing wrong information
- Check what are the additional facilities offered by the colleges like subject-oriented research, internships, dissertation opportunities and extracurricular activities by not only trusting the college management but also by doing your own research through multiple sources.
Is NEET required for B.Sc Optometry?
No, NEET Examination is not required for B.Sc Optometry course. The candidate’s Physics, Chemistry, and Biology marks will be taken into consideration for admission criteria.