Data Science & Data Analytics are the most popular fields in today’s world. Each day millions of bytes of data are generated due to the influence of the internet. Nearly 90% of the world’s population depend on the internet for their day to day activities. The Internet and mobiles have become part and parcel of our lives and we are completely dependent on them for every activity. This has resulted in generation of vast amounts of data and is going unused. To convert this usable data into usable information, the data science and data analytics professionals are necessary. They have the skills and expertise to interpret this data and help the organisations to use it for their new business opportunities.
There are certain important and crucial jobs for the B.Voc Data Science & Data Analytics students. The present article discusses the different jobs available for B.Voc Data Science & Data Analytics students.
Some of the job roles are as follows:
Business Intelligence Developer: BI Developer
Typical job Requirements for BI Developer:
- Design and develop strategies to assist business users in quickly finding the information they need to make informed decisions
- Build custom data analytic applications using BI tools and facilitate understanding in the end users
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy Business Intelligence (BI) solutions
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Create tools to store data
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing Business Intelligence (BI) systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and executive database queries and conduct analysis
- Create visualisations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
Average Salary Package
The average fresher BI developer will be earning around 6 to 8 lakhs per annum. The experienced professionals will be earning around 8 lakhs to 12 lakhs per annum.
Typical Job Requirements: Data Architect
- Ensure to develop performance centric data solutions using computer programmes and algorithms
- Build and develop numerous data analytical applications for cross-platforms like desktops, tablets and mobile devices
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve the organisational data
- Examine and identify database structural necessitates evaluating client operations, applications and programming
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations
- Install and organise information systems to guarantee company functionality
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems
- Educate the staff members through training and individual support
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner
Average Salary Package
The Data Architect will easily earn around 8 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum. The experienced professionals will be earning around 10 lakhs to 15 lakhs per annum.
Typical Job Requirements: Application Architect
- Design and develop applications for providing data science solutions
- Track the behaviour of applications that are used in a business and find out their interaction behaviour with the end users
- Define and implement application architecture for diverse business processes
- Develop software solutions and strategy to meet the architectural goals and needs of the client
- Coordinate with programmers and software development team to design and implement an architectural system
- Assign work duties to an organisation’s technical and programming staff in order to achieve a common target
- Provide technical support and training for an organisational IT personnel to ensure high level of business performance
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage
- Upgrade architectural systems and software life cycle to ensure improved processes
- Monitor the performance of architectural systems to ensure fluid interaction between components
- Conduct tests to ensure an application confirms to fundamental application standards and meet the requirements of the end user
- Design applications according to the specific architectural design to improve overall system performance
Average Salary Package
An Application Architect will be getting a salary that range from 8 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum. The experienced professionals will be earning around 10 lakhs to 20 lakhs per annum.
Typical Job Requirements: Infrastructure Architect
- Oversee that all the business systems are working at optimal condition
- Support the development of new technologies and system requirements
- Analyse the organisation’s network requirement
- Analyse the relevant software and hardware tools, interdependencies and limitations
- Analyse software requirements and high-level design of the application
- Communicate the detailed design to the development team
- Configure and test software and hardware
- Determine resource requirements of network segments
- Develop detailed design and specifications for the application components
- Formulate maintenance strategy based on cost constraints, risks to service availability and service level requirements
Average Salary Package
An Infrastructure Architect will easily earn about 6 lakhs to 8 lakhs per annum. The experienced professionals will be earning around 10 lakhs to 12 lakhs per annum.
Data Science and Data Analytics is considered as the most popular and trendiest of the career fields in today’s era. Due to the reachability of the internet everyday a huge amount of data is generated. The organisations consider this data as valuable as it is used to develop new strategies and new business development opportunities. But the data generated are the raw one and expert professionals are required to interpret this data. So, they hire B.Voc Data Science & Data Analytics students in large numbers.
The main role of the B.Voc Data Science & Data Analytics students is to interpret this raw data and give it a meaningful and logical shape and an understandable format. The organisations use this finalised data for developing new business strategies and business ventures. The students who are interested to work with data can join the B.Voc Data Science & Data Analytics course and can find lucrative jobs that offer good career growth.
speaker_notes Discussion Forum
Start your discussion