Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences is a respected private college in Bangalore popularly known as Vydehi Dental College Bangalore. The college was established in 2003. The courses Bachelors of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Masters of Dental Surgery (MDS) provide the students with abundant opportunities in the oral health field. It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by the Dental Council of India, Government of India.
The BDS Course includes laboratory activities, impactful lectures, basic activities in medical science, physiology, general anatomy, etc. Students are also given opportunities to provide clinical treatment, attend some specific lectures.
In the MDS Course, students are assigned to present papers and journals on national and international platforms.
- 1. High-quality sophisticated instruments and machinery important for the Post Graduation Courses
- 2. Outstanding Library
- 3. Highly sophisticated casting and ceramic lab with quality equipment
- 4. Yeoman Service
- 5. Ragging free Campus
- 6. Substantially hygienic
- 7. Brilliant faculty
- 8. Workshops and guest lectures
Specialization Offered under MDS Course and availability of seats:-
- Oral Medicines - 2 seats
- Oral Pathology - 2 seats
- Conservative Dentistry - 2 seats
- Orthodontics - 2 seats
- Periodontics - 3 seats
- Prosthodontics - 2 seats
- Oral Surgery - 3 seats
- Public Health Dentistry - 3 seats
- Pedodontics - 2 seats
Availability of seats in BDS Course: 60
For BDS –
- 1. An aggregate of 50% (40% in case candidate is of SC/ST the Karnataka state) in the senior secondary examination from a recognizable board or other equivalent examination.
- 2. Candidates must have the subjects Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English in 12th class.
- 3. Applicant must pass in English as it is a compulsory subject.
- 4. Candidate must be above the age of 17 to apply for BDS Admission.
- 5. Admission seekers must succeed in NEET UG.
For MDS –
- 1. Applicants must have a BDS degree or a provisional pass certificate in BDS from a dental college Indian university or any dental college approved by Government of India.
- 2. Admission seekers must hold an equivalent qualification approved by Dental Council of India.
- 3. Candidates must confirm the fact that the dental college from which they have accomplished their BDS degree is recognized by the Government of India under the Dental Act 1948, on or before 31st of October 2017.
- 4. Applicant must have finished 1-year obligatory rotating internship after passing the final examination.
- 5. Candidate must pass NEET PG.
Mode of Entrance:-
- NEET UG: Entrance Examination for BDS (Undergraduate Dental Course).
- NEET PG: Entrance Examination for MDS (Postgraduate Dental Course).
- BDS Course fees - 2, 62,700/-
- MDS Course fees – 4, 50,000/-
- No. of Boy’s Hostel – 3 and Total Capacity - 100
- No. of Girl’s Hostel – 3 and Total Capacity – 100
- Hostel Fees per Annum (in Rs):-
- BOYS – Double Attached – 66500/-
- BOYS – Double Common – 54500/-
- GIRLS – Double Attached – 66500/-
- GIRLS – Double Common – 56500/-