Fees Structure For PG Medical Course In Karnataka 2021
PG Medical Courses in Karnataka
Postgraduate Medical courses are trending among medical graduates. Students want to pursue these courses as they provide them an opportunity for specialization, to develop new skills, enhance practical knowledge, and guarantee better job opportunities.
There are many popular PG medical courses in Karnataka like:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- Post Graduate Diploma - Medical Science
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
After a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree in India or an equivalent degree from abroad, graduates can either stop studying and become General Physicians, or study further and take up a specialization course. This specialization course increases the value of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree and adds more weightage to the candidate’s professional profile. Patients will always prefer to visit or consult a doctor who is more experienced, thus, it is advisable to take up specialization courses like Medical PG courses.
A Postgraduate Medical Degree is a big academic achievement that promises recognition and career success. Get to know all about PG medical courses, how to get admission, which specializations to choose, and many more.
Candidates seeking admission to Medical PG Courses should mandatorily qualify NEET-PG Exam and the NEET qualified candidates are required to undergo two types of counselling:
- KEA Counselling – candidates seeking admission to medical colleges affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) should undergo the counselling conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
- MCC Counselling – candidates seeking admission to government colleges and deemed universities should undergo counselling conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
The steps involved for PG Medical Courses admission are:
- The NBE releases a notification about NEET PG Exam
- Candidates should apply for the NEET PG Exam with their details and information on the NBE website
- The exam dates are declared by NBE
- The exam pattern and structure are provided by the NBE through regular notifications and updates
- Candidates must attempt NEET PG Examination
- The results are announced on the mentioned date
- Students have to apply for KEA/MCC Counselling
- State Counselling – candidates seeking admission to medical colleges in Karnataka can register with KEA
- Central Counselling – candidates seeking admission to medical colleges anywhere in India can register with MCC
- After the Counselling Sessions, medical colleges are allotted
- College formalities, document submission, and fees payments are to be completed
- Report to the college when the academic year begins
Admission Fees for PG Medical Courses in Karnataka
The admission fees for PG Medical Courses in Karnataka may vary in different colleges. Private college and Government college generally differ widely when it comes to their respective fees structure.
Some of the colleges offering PG Medical Courses in Karnataka are:
PG Medical College
Location in Karnataka
|MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital||Hoskote|
|Dr. B. D. Jatti Homeopathic Medical College||Dharwad|
|Sri Siddhartha University||Tumkur|
|DGM Ayurvedic Medical College||Gadag|
|Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences||Mandya|
|Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences||Bidar|
|Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences||Hassan|
|JJM Medical College||Davanagere|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College||Belagavi|
|KVG Medical College and Hospital||Sullia|
|Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences||Hubli|
|Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences||Shimoga|
The fees structure of the above colleges is decided by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation (KPCF).
This year, i.e. 2021, the fee structure was:
- Government Colleges (G) – between Rs. 38,900 to Rs. 2,63,900 per year
- Government Private Seats (G) – between Rs. 1,02,786 to Rs. 7,13,780 per year
- Private Colleges – between Rs. 1,58,000 to Rs. 40,00,000 per year
- NRI/Others (Q) – between Rs. 1,02,785 to Rs. 90,15,500 per year