BBA Sports Management (Bachelor of Business Administration in Sports Management)
Duration: 3 years
Level: Bachelor Programme.
Mode of Admission: Merit /Management
- Merit- process involves selection criteria based on the perticular college applied.
- Management- Students looking for Management seats can go for Direct Admission.
About The Course:
The course emphasizes on the management strategies involved in organizing and monitoring sports resources to manage and simplify sports-related problems. It covers subjects related to media, contracts, staff, events, and budget. Candidates will have diverse knowledge about the characteristics and policies of finances related to the sports domain after successful completion of the course. Skills like management, accounting, business management, and entrepreneurship are enhanced through this course.
Benefits of pursuing BBA Course
You may be wondering what to do after BBA? You may feel that there is no scope for BBA. But this is not true, every course has its value and every degree programme has its own importance.
Just read this article till the end you will get your answers
Bachelor of Business Administration
BBA is most preferred and pursued next to engineering and medical courses by many students after the completion of 12th. There is always a rat race to join medical and engineering soon after the completion of 12th. There may be many reasons for this as the students will undergo a lot of stress. They get confused due to various factors like parent’s force, peer pressure, suggestions from different sources, friendship and many more. But students should be very cautious about choosing their career. They should not go with the flow and land in trouble.
So, it is suggested to have a glance of this article before deciding to join any undergraduate programmes.
What is BBA?
Bachelor of Business administration (BBA) is the undergraduate course that provides broad knowledge about the functional aspect of an organization.
BBA is a 3-year degree programme which trains the students on managerial skills required in the field of management. The students of today have many opportunities to explore numerous options available in BBA. The students can easily build their career in the management field by joining BBA.
The BBA programme can be opted by students of all the streams: science, commerce and arts. The BBA programme offers the students with the relevant knowledge and training in management skills and leadership skills. These skills prepare them to handle the managerial roles and entrepreneurship with ease.
Benefits of doing a BBA programme
The students can get a lot of benefits by opting BBA programmes. The students can develop themselves at both levels; professionally and personally. Professionally, the BBA programme offers a good step towards career growth.
The best-performing students can adorn many managerial levels in the organizations. They will also be promoted to decision making positions in a short time.
At the personal level, the students will develop many qualities like leadership, entrepreneurship, negotiation skills, management skills, analytical skills etc. These qualities ensure the holistic development of the BBA students.
Apart from this there are many other benefits that the BBA programme offers, they are:
- The BBA programme acts as a gateway to a number of job opportunities in different sectors like Marketing, Education, Finance, Sales, Government etc. You name it you have it.
- The BBA programme gives an in-depth knowledge of business to the students. The BBA programme shapes the students into successful entrepreneurs by teaching them the tactics of observation, judgement, risk-taking abilities and decision-making capacity.
- The BBA course trains the students with different qualities like entrepreneurial qualities, leadership qualities and management skills.
- The BBA programme acts as a strong base for pursuing MBA courses. The BBA students will be learning all the aspects of the management at their BBA course duration. The BBA course gives a basic understanding of the management topics and it becomes easy for BBA students to join MBA and perform better.
- The BBA programmes provide an opportunity for the students to work as interns in many organizations. BBA students get better exposure to the work culture of the organizations. The BBA programme empowers the students with better business knowledge of the organizations.
- The BBA programme helps the students to build stronger business acumen and makes them competent to take splendid decisions that will benefit the organization’s success rates
- The BBA course helps the students to develop out of box thinking capacities and makes them unique and stands out of the crowd.
- The students pursuing a BBA programme will be equipped with practical skills with a better knowledge of global ideas and prepare them for future workspaces.
Some of the Specializations of BBA
As time passes the industry trend also changes accordingly. The advancement in new technologies, new strategies, new business ideas, new ventures have given room to more specializations and new subjects.
BBA has also developed its wings into different specializations. The changing trend in the industry has created new job opportunities for skilled professionals in different sectors. The industry today looks for specialists who are talented and capable to do multitasking and the demand is more for talented multi-tasking professionals.
BBA which was once only limited to a few subjects has changed its dimensions today. Due to the demand of the industry, the BBA programmes have introduced many specializations that are relevant to the industry. The students can choose from a variety of specializations according to their interests.
Some of the specializations that are offered by BBA programmes are:
- BBA Global Aviation
- BBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- BBA Strategic Finance
- BBA Business Analytics
- BBA Entrepreneurship
- BBA Aviation Management
- BBA Finance and Accountancy
- BBA Travel and Tourism Management
- BBA Hospitality and Event Management
- BBA Finance and International Business
- BBA Global
The students can choose their desired specializations and build their careers in management with the BBA degree in hand. As it has already mentioned BBA has spread its wings into different sectors with unique specializations. The students can study their interested subjects and land in best careers.
Job Roles Available after BBA
The BBA students can have thousands of job openings soon after the completion of their BBA degree. The BBA is a versatile degree and the BBA students can find a job at almost all the fields across nations with no barriers attached.
Some of the job roles that are available after the BBA programme are:
Accountants are professionals who are good in numbers. They are required in all the businesses irrespective of they are small or large. It may be a small provision shop owner or an owner of huge supermarkets, everyone needs an accountant to look after their earnings daily. The accountants are responsible to prepare financial documents and ensure that the tax operations go smoothly
Financial Advisors are responsible to look after the financial health of the companies and people. The financial advisors guide the people and the companies to manage and allocate the money generated and make their businesses successful. They also help people to make smart decisions on investments and help them to become financially stable individuals.
The marketers plan and coordinate the marketing efforts of the businesses. They are required to promote the products and create the demand in the market. They create marketing strategies for their products and try to generate demand for that product. They are also required to oversee the development of the product and monitor the marketing trends within the business targeted markets.
The commodities traders buy and sell commodity contracts on behalf of the companies. They procure the raw materials for the company and sell the finished product to the markets. The commodity trader is essential to maintain a proper balance between the buying and selling of the goods and raw materials and also should take care of the finished products.
Human Resources Executives
As the name itself denotes that it is related to man-power. The human resource executives are responsible to hire the new employees for the organizations.
They are required to screen the candidates according to the requirement for a job role. They are responsible to schedule and conduct the interview sessions for the right candidates. They are also required to judge the candidates based on different parameters like communication skills, attitude, technical capability, dedication. They are also required to formulate the employment policies, maintain employment records, address employee grievance redressals in the organizations.
The loan officers are required in banks and financial institutions. They are responsible to approve or deny the loans for the people and businesses. They are responsible to evaluate the eligibility of the people and business. They are responsible to maintain accurate records for the loans given to the people and ensure that the complete loan is recovered during the specified loan repayment period.
Real Estate Agent
The real estate agents help people to buy and sell properties. The real-estate brokers are required to pass the licensing exams to start their careers.
They can practice individually or can work under licensed companies like 99acres.com, No Broker.com, Magic Bricks.com etc. The BBA can act as the base to become a real estate agent. The real estate agents are required to have in-depth knowledge of the market rates according to the locations. They are required to provide accurate information for both buyers and sellers.
The managers are responsible to keep the things to run smoothly in an organization. They are required to perform almost all the daily operations irrespective of the organizations they are hired.
No matter if it is a small retail shop or a large production facility. They are responsible to oversee all the tasks that are performed by the organization and ensure that the workflow is smooth without any blockages
The Stock Brokers mainly work in share markets i.e. BSE and NSE. Their main role of these stock brokers is to buy and sell the shares of the different organizations that are listed in the share markets.
Many organizations sell their shares in the open share markets for generating liquid cash. So, that the normal public can buy those shares and generate revenue for the organizations. This ensures a money flow in the markets and ensures that the country’s economy is strong. The stockbrokers are required to monitor the shares daily and ensure that proper money flow is maintained in the country’s markets.
Entrepreneurs are the individuals who organize and operate their own businesses. The individuals who come with their own ventures and businesses are termed as entrepreneurs. The BBA degree can provide a perfect base for the people who are interested to start their own ventures.
The entrepreneurs come with innovative ideas and develop new businesses in the market. With the advent of the internet, we are witnessing a huge raise in entrepreneurs in the last decade. So, if you are interested to be the boss of your own, then you can choose to become an entrepreneur by joining BBA programmes
As it is already mentioned that every degree has its importance and no degree is considered as a waste. It is up to the students how to use their chosen degrees for their growth. The interested and dedicated students can easily land in best job opportunities and can see a fruitful career irrespective of their degrees. Similarly, the BBA programme is also unique. The BBA degree provides a proper base for many career opportunities. The interested students who join BBA courses can have many job opportunities and can have a good career growth. They can land in many challenging roles after the BBA programme and can prove themselves to reach the high levels in their careers. Further, the BBA programme not only helps the students to grow professionally but also personally.
Top Specializations to choose in your BBA Graduation
Now that you have decided to join BBA, you may be confused about the specializations that are available in BBA programmes. Are you getting confused about choosing your specializations? Are you worried about the career prospects available in different specializations?
Don’t worry you will get all your answers
Just read this article till the end, to get all the answers
BBA and its Specializations
Due to the increase in the demand for skilled professionals many courses have modified according to the needs of the industry. The same goes with the BBA programme, BBA which was once only limited to one normal management degree has undergone many changes as time changed. Today BBA has spread its wings into different sectors of the market with different specializations.
BBA degree offers many specializations to the students according to the industry demand and requirement. The students can have flexibility in choosing their specialization and can land in their desired job roles and profiles.
About the BBA specializations
Students often get confused about choosing their options for their BBA programmes. Many students will be in a state of dilemma when it comes to choosing their specializations in BBA.
The main reason for this is the lack of credible information about the specializations and industry demand available around those specializations. Hence, students must gather information about the various specializations available in BBA from various sources. To make their tasks easy this article tries to give some information about the different specializations available in BBA programmes.
Top Specializations in BBA - Scope and Career Prospects
As it is already mentioned that BBA has different specializations according to the industry needs. Some of the top specializations of BBA and the available career scope for that specializations are listed below
1. BBA Aviation
BBA Aviation has gathered a lot of attention in recent years. With the increase in airline traffic, the demand for the BBA Aviation professionals has increased today. The airline companies are looking for skilled professionals to handle their airline operations. So, the BBA Aviation students are preferred by airline companies in a large number. Some of the topics that BBA Aviation students will be studying are:
- Air Traffic Management
- Passenger Record Management
- Air Commercial Operations
- Flight Scheduling
- In-flight hospitality
Some of the benefits of the course are:
- The students will be studying the various operations related to airlines
- The students will be trained on decision-making skills
- The BBA Aviation Management imparts the skills of problem-solving, airline management, airline pricing etc.
The BBA Aviation students are largely hired in airline companies and travel agencies. Some of the popular companies hiring BBA Aviation students are:
- Pan Am
- Etihad Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Air India
- IndiGo Airlines
- Air Vistara
- Blue Dart
2. BBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management
The BBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management course emphasizes on the management strategies required for logistics and supply chain businesses. With the increase in E-Commerce companies, the demand for BBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management professionals has increased in recent years. The students will be studying handling end-to-end reachability of goods and services from raw materials procurement to the delivery of the finished product to the consumer. Some of the topics that are studied by the students during the course are:
- Transport Procedures
- Dispatch Management
- Cargo Handling
- Procurement Management
- Supply and Logistics
- The students will be given training on different aspects of logistics and supply chain management procedures
- The students will be learning many managerial skills like; negotiation skills, pricing mechanisms, procurement management, delivery management
- The students will also be studying about cargo handling, air cargo management, cargo movement procedures etc.
The BBA Logistics & Supply Chain Management students are hired in e-commerce companies, air cargo companies, airport’s cargo terminals etc. Some of the companies hiring BBA Logistics & Supply Chain students are:
- International Airports
- Blue Dart
- Maersk Logistics
3. BBA Strategic Finance
The BBA Strategic Finance programme prepares the students to make financial analysis using strategic modelling techniques and data analysis. The students will be gaining both theoretical and practical knowledge of various strategic financial components. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Lean Manufacturing
- Quality Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Capital Structure
Some of the benefits of the course are:
- The students can have better career growth and attain managerial positions as the course gives an in-depth knowledge of the financial aspects that are relevant for an organization
- There is a huge demand for BBA Strategic Finance professionals in the industry due to the lack of skilled professionals
- The students will gain a professional ability to handle different aspects like the management of internal targets: such as productivity improvement, financial discipline, external target management, stock value etc.
- The students who are willing to take up financial research can apply for a master’s programme and land in huge financial ranking agencies located across the globe
The students with BBA Strategic Finance can find ample job opportunities in various fields some of them are:
- Top MNC Companies
- Global Financial Rating Companies
- Investment Firms
- Global Share Brokerage Companies
- Commercial Banks
4. BBA Entrepreneurship
The BBA Entrepreneurship is the most popular specialization that is chosen by many students in recent years. The course is the lucid combination of general management and personal management. The students will be studying the subjects and strategies involved in administering, initiating, and managing a start-up. The students will be studying various topics that are necessary to start a firm or an organization. Some of the topics are:
- Market insights
- Building Marketing Strategies
- Business Operation in Start-ups
- Start-up business policies
- Decision Making and Risk Managing
- The students are trained to become entrepreneurs
- The students will be studying the latest and updated information about market competencies, market generating ideas, skills needed to build a start-up and also learn to handle the risk factors of start-up business operations
- The BBA Entrepreneurship students will be given training on various start-up policies that are essential to start a venture
The BBA Entrepreneurship students can become entrepreneurs and start their businesses. But in some cases, the BBA Entrepreneurship graduates are hired by successful startups and mid-level companies for higher salary packages.
5. BBA Business Analytics
The students of BBA Business Analytics will be studying about the business and management strategies that are involved in methodical and strategic analysis of the data and convert it into the financial profits for an organization. The students will be made aware of the emerging data analytics trends that are happening globally. Some of the topics that the students will be studying are:
- Data Analysis
- Data Mining
- Lead Management
- Revenue Generation
- Business Management
- BBA Business Analytics is the fastest-growing career opportunity in recent years
- Attractive Salary packages and lucrative job benefits are available for BBA Business Analytics students
- The course trains the students on the latest data analysis techniques and they are also exposed to the latest and best practices of businesses happening across the world
The BBA Business Analytics students are largely hired in IT companies, some of the IT companies hiring BBA Business Analytics students are:
6. BBA Finance & Accountancy
BBA Finance & Accountancy is another popular specialization that is chosen by the students. BBA Finance & Accountancy continues to remain in demand even today. The course emphasizes on the subjects that are related to the administration and management of the finance and accounts. The students will be studying topics like
- Financial Planning
- Economic Theory
- Money and Banking Systems
- Trade Laws
- Financial Policies
Some of the course benefits the students of BBA Finance & Accountancy will be having are:
- Finance and Accounts are crucial aspects of any business or organization. Only skilled professionals are capable to handle such crucial aspects. So, students with relevant skills of finance and accounts are hired in large numbers by many organizations.
- The BBA Finance & Accountancy course offers a rewarding career for the students at both government and private sectors
- The BBA Finance & Accountancy students are required in both government and private banks and are paid a decent salary
The BBA Finance & Accountancy students are required in almost all the businesses. Some of the career fields for BBA Finance & Accountancy professionals are:
- FMCG Companies
- Service-Based Companies
- Consumer Goods Companies
7. BBA Global
BBA Global students will be studying the techniques and concepts involved in international trade and international finance policies. The students will be gaining the in-depth knowledge of the exchange of the goods and services, capitals and services etc. Some of the subjects that the BBA Global will be studying are:
- Principles of Business Management
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Industrial Relations
- Foreign Trade Concepts
- Foreign Trade policy
- Financial management
Some of the course benefits that the students of BBA Global are:
- Students are trained to handle various responsibilities related to international trade and commerce, foreign accounting etc.
- The students will develop leadership qualities and will be exposed to international trade behaviors and foreign trade challenges
BBA Global students have ample job opportunities in the industry. They are largely hired in top MNCs and huge companies that have international trade relations. Some of the areas where the BBA Global students hired are:
- Top MNCs
- Global IT Companies
- FMCG Companies
- Global Industries
8. BBA Travel & Tourism Management
The tourism industry always performs better irrespective of the countries. With more and more people travelling around the world for recreation, has increased the need and demand for tour operators and allied industries. The BBA Travel and Tourism programme has seen a surge in demand in the last decade. The tourism industry happens to be the most active sector of the economy. Many countries are today flourishing only due to the development of the tourism industry.
This has created a demand for BBA Travel and Tourism Management students across the world. They will be studying many travel and tour related topics like:
- Tourism Management
- Tourism Development
- Tourism Marketing
- Transport and Hotel Management
- Ticket Pricing Management
- The students will be studying many skills like; negotiation skills, management skills, operation management, tour scheduling etc.
- The students will develop leadership, management, hospitality management skills, diplomatic skills etc.
- The students will be learning about tourism management, travel management, accommodation management etc.
The BBA Travel and Tourism Management students are hired in travel agencies, airline companies, hotels etc. Some of the companies hiring BBA Travel and Tourism Management students are:
- Thomas Cook
- Cox & Kings
- Travel Tours
- Qatar Airways
- British Airlines
- Air India
Every BBA specialization has its importance, and students irrespective of their specializations can effortlessly find job opportunities after the completion of the BBA programme. The nature of the job varies according to the chosen specializations, but the opportunity will remain the same. So, it is up to the students to choose their desired specializations and build their careers.
Career Scope of BBA Sports Management
Career opportunities are available in government and private companies. Potential career roles:
- Sports Marketer
- Franchise Operator
- Player Manager
- Venue Operator
- Sports Consultant
- Event Manager
Placements for BBA Sports Management
- ESPN Cricinfo
- JSW Sports
- Libero Sports
- Star Sports