Established in the year of 1991-92 under the sponsorship of Gokula Education Foundation, MS Ramaiah Dental College Bangalore is one of the most renowned Private Dental Colleges in Karnataka. It is popularly known as MSRDC Bangalore. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka and is approved by the Dental Council of India, Government of India. MSRDC Bangalore is an integral unit of M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences. The college provides two courses BDS and MDS. There are 9 specialization courses available under the course of MDS.
The college serves candidates with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The college has its own hospital. The college was founded with the objective of fortification of the rural population.
- 1. Excellent Auditorium
- 2. Brilliant Library
- 3. Laboratories equipped with imported machinery and equipment
- 4. Advantage of extracurricular activities like sports and other cultural programs
- 5. Satellite Centre
- 6. Yeoman Service
- 7. Ragging Free Campus
- 8. Noticeably clean Campus
- 9. Advantage of Workshops and Guest Lectures
MSRDC Seat Availability- MDS Course:-
Total number of MDS seats is 40
Offered Courses in MSRDC and Seat Details:-
- 1. Oral Medicines - 3 seats
- Oral Pathology - 3 seats
- 3. Conservative Dentistry - 5 seats
- 4. Orthodontics - 5 seats
- 5. Periodontics - 5 seats
- 6. Prosthodontics - 5 seats
- 7. Oral Surgery - 6 seats
- 8. Public Health Dentistry - 2 seats
- 9. Pedodontics - 6 seats
Eligibility Criteria (MDS Course):-
- 1. Candidate must have a Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) degree or a provisional pass certificate in the same degree from a dental college/Indian University approved by the Government of India according to the Dentist Act 1948 or
- 2. The applicant must have a similar qualification recognized by Dental Council of India.
- 3. Candidates must confirm that the Dental College from which they have finished their BDS degree is approved by the Government of India as per Dental Act 1948, on or before 31st of October, 2017.
- 4. Applicant seekers must have finished the one-year compulsory rotating internship after qualifying in the final professional examination.
- 5. Candidates must qualify in PG dental entrance examination for admission in MDS Course.
Entrance exams conducted for admission in MDS degree are NEET PG, AIIMS PG, AIPGDEE, RUET, and PGIMER.
Course Fee Structure for MDS Course:-
The course fee for MDS in MSRDC is an average of INR 30 Lakhs.
Admission Process in MSRDC:-
- 1. Qualified Candidates will be called for the counseling process for admission in MDS Course according to their merit.
- 2. Applicants will be allotted seat in MDS Course, based on the availability of seats.
- 3. Reporting to the college and submission of the admission fee will confirm the seats of each candidate.
- 4. Applicant must carry necessary documents at the time of admission.
- 5. The selection of any candidate completely relies on the decision of college authority.
- 6. If any document is found incomplete, the college authority can cancel the admission.