The college is a respected dental college in Bangalore. The college is known to be one of the best colleges in India. The College and Hospital were established in 1986 by Anand Social and Educational Trust. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Sciences. It offers Graduate and Post Graduation in the field of dentistry.
The college provides an excellent education in dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, innovative health care practices, research activities to students. DR MR Ambedkar Dental College has the potential of transforming aspirants into dental professionals. The college has a 4-year duration course for BDS and 5-year duration course for MDS.
Courses Offered In VS Dental College:-
- 1. Under-graduate Dental Course- BDS (Bachelors in Dental Surgery) Course
- 2. Post-graduate Dental Courses- MDS (Masters in Dental Surgery) Course
- 3. Certification
- 4. PH.D.
Specialized Courses Offered Under MDS, Diploma Courses And PG Diploma Courses:- Mds-
- 1. Oral Medicines
- 2. Oral Pathology
- 3. Conservative Dentistry
- 4. Orthodontics
- 5. Periodontics
- 6. Prosthodontics
- 7. Oral Surgery
- 8. Public Health Dentistry
- 9. Pedodontics
- 10. Oral Implantology
- 11. Service Clinic
- 1. Aesthetic Dentistry
- 2. Oral Implantology
Facilities At VS Dental College:-
- 1. Highly equipped Laboratories
- 2. Seminar Halls
- 3. Well Stocked Library
- 4. Computer Labs with High-speed Internet Connectivity
- 5. Wi-Fi Enabled Campus
- 1. For BDS � INR 264,570 (For four years)
- 2. For MDS � INR 821,250 (For three years)
Eligibility Criteria:- For BDS
- 1. An aggregate of 50% (40% in case candidate is of SC/ST or any other categories notified by the government of India the Karnataka state) in the senior secondary examination from a recognizable board or other equivalent examination.
- 2. Candidates must have the subjects Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English in 12th class.
- 3. Qualifying in the subject of English is Compulsory.
- 4. Candidate must be above the age of 17 to apply for BDS Admission.
- 5. Admission seekers must succeed in NEET UG.
For Mds �
- 1. Applicants must have a BDS degree or a provisional certificate in BDS from a dental college Indian university or any dental college recognized by the Government of India.
- 2. Admission seekers must possess an equivalent qualification approved by the Dental Council of India.
- 3. Candidates must confirm the fact that the dental college from which they have completed their BDS degree is recognized by the Government of India under the Dental Act 1948, on or before 31st of October 2017.
- 4. It is compulsory for every candidate to complete a 1-year obligatory rotating internship after passing the final examination.
- 5. Candidate must qualify in NEET PG.
Ratings And Reviews:-
The college has got mixed reviews from mostly is students, ex-students or alumni. The ratings of this college also differ from website to website. But as mentioned earlier most of these reviews and ratings are positive. In many reviews, it has been stated as �the best' or �one of the best' medical colleges. The faculty of this college has been highly praised.