Bangalore which is also known as Bengaluru is the Tech-hub of the nation. The city is advanced in the field of Technology and Science. It is also the heart of a lot of medical institutions.
The city has various institutes which offer quality education in the field of Dentistry. The Courses that are offered are Bachelors in Dental Surgery (BDS) and Masters in Dental Surgery (MDS). There are plenty of private and government colleges in Bengaluru that offer these two courses. The duration of the Bachelors in Dental Surgery varies from 3 years to 5 years. The course fee of the BDS course ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 12 lakhs. It is compulsory to qualify in the entrance exam to apply for admission in the BDS course.
- Candidates can apply for admission in the BDS Course only through entrance examination.
- Based on the marks obtained candidates will be called for counseling.
Popular Entrance Exams: -
The most commonly known entrance exam for admission for the BDS course is NEET UG. Other than this, there are exams like IPU CET, GCET, RUET and JIPMER through which aspirants can apply for admission in dental colleges.
- Candidates must have succeeded in the senior secondary board examination with 50% of the aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together and pass in English is compulsory. For the candidates of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) or other categories notified by the Government of India, the aggregate marks are 40 %.
- Applicants appearing for the 12th or equivalent examination can also apply.
- Applicant must have completed of 17years at the time or before admission.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- OCI candidates can also apply.
- Applicant must be under the age of 25 years relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.
- Candidates have to register online to participate in the counseling process.
- The college authority will release a merit list of applicants along with their rank and score
- On the basis of the rank scored by the candidates, they will be permitted to participate in the 15% and 85% quota counseling.
- The medical authority of the state will conduct the counseling process for the 85% state quota seats.
- Candidates have an option to choose colleges according to their individual preferences during the counseling round.
- For the seat allotment process, it is obligatory for every candidate to participate in the counseling rounds.
- Reporting to the allocated college and submission of the admission fee will confirm the seats of candidates.
- If the document of any candidate is found incomplete the college can call off the admission of the candidate.
Required Documents at the Time of Admission (BDS Course):-
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs