Siddhartha Medical College Admission Process
Sri Siddhartha medical college is located just in the outskirts of the Tumkur district of Bangalore. Although the location may not be so attractive, the amenities and the curriculum of the medical college are something to consider. The curriculum is comprehensive with a focus to impart the highest quality of education to the bright minds, who commit their 3 to 4 years there. The college was established in the year 1988. The college was founded thankfully due to the work and donation of the Sri Siddhartha Educational Society. The college has a hospital wing as well. The college is affiliated to the Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education (Siddhartha University). The medical college provides both undergraduate and postgraduate programs and with an attainable fee structure. The courses offered are recognised by the medical council of India.
Coming to the courses offered at the college, here is the list of degree programs offered currently
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) – This is an undergraduate degree course of 5 years. It is a fulltime course and is to take place at the college campus. The intake capacity for this course is 130 seats. The course fee is Rs 1565750.
- Master of Surgery (MS) (ophthalmology) – This is a postgraduate degree course of 3 years. It is also a fulltime course. The intake capacity for this course is Rs.188550.
- Master of Surgery (MS) – This is a postgraduate program of 3 years. It is a full-time course. The intake capacity or this course is only 1 seat per course. The course fee is Rs 2285750.
- Post Graduate Diploma – This is also a full-time course of 2 years. The intake capacity of this course is 2 seats per course. The course fee is around Rs.1886750.
- Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis (DMRD) – This is also a fulltime diploma course of 2 years.
The admission process is conducted both online and offline. The last date to apply for admission at the Siddhartha university is April 25, 2019. The admissions are still ongoing now, so you better hurry if you wish to pursue degree programs here at this university. In order to get admission to the college, you will need to appear for the entrance test that is conducted in both Tumukur and Bangalore. The admissions are done according to the MCI guidelines. Here are some of the important dates that you need to mark in your calendar.
- Notification will be issued on 22nd Feb 2019.
- Registration will be open from 1st to 22nd April 2019.
- The entrance exam will be held on 28th May 2019.
- The last day of admission is 8th Sep 2019.
If you have any queries regarding the documents that you need to carry or anything related to the admission process, you can mail them on their registered mail ID.
How can you apply?
The forms need to be completely filled in before they are submitted with all the necessary documents. You can either submit the form online or can be sent to the official address of the university.