PG Medical Course Eligibility In Karnataka
A post-graduation degree is a qualification certificate which is awarded to a student on completion of a 2 or 3 year period specialization course in any college or university. Individuals can choose to specialize in various different subject matters such as ENT, Oncology, child health, neurologist, or a specialist of any area branch of medicine. Although it is not necessary for every MBBS (Bachelor in Medicine Bachelor in Surgery) graduate to do a post graduation course, but it is generally adviced to all get one because a postgraduate degree speaks of greater experience and knowledge. A doctor with a higher level of degree and education will always be given a higher priority than his peers with a lower degree. There are several medical colleges in Karnataka that offer a degree in different PG courses.
Eligibility To Apply To PG Medical Colleges
All Government and Private medical colleges that offer PG courses have a general point of eligibility along with other points that may vary from one college to another. Let us first talk about the general eligibility criteria to apply for PG medical courses-
- 1. The candidate applying should not be more than 48 years of age.
- 2. The SC/ST/OBC/Linguistic criteria is only applicable to those candidates belonging to Karnataka and not the others.
- 3. Those candidates who already hold a PG medical degree are not eligible for applying for another PG medical course.
- 4. Those candidates who have obtained their graduation from colleges outside India must have qualified in the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE – Screening Test).
- 5. The most important point of eligibility is that the candidates will only be eligible for the PG medical courses if he or she passes or qualifies the NEET-PG entrance examination. Once the candidates qualify, they are advised to register and complete verification process of their documents to become eligible for admission to PG Medical / Dental (Degree or Diploma) Courses in the State of Karnataka, India.
Get A PG Degree Today And Make Your Life More Successful Than Ever Before!
As said before, it is always better to add on to your graduation qualifications by getting a Postgraduate degree in a particular line of specialization. For MBBS, there is a large number of seats all across the country, but the same may not be said in case of PG medical. The seats for PG medical are limited, almost half the number of seats available for MBBS. Therefore, it must be noted how important a post-graduate degree is. It is equally difficult to get into a PG medical course, not only in Karnataka but everywhere. A PG degree holds an important place in your list of qualifications as it gives more prominence to your MBBS degree and people will get to know that you have greater experience and knowledge in your area of expertise. There are several fields in which specializations may be done and once you achieve your PG degree, there will be no limits to your success! Get your PG degree today and reach greater heights in your life!