Post Graduate Diploma Course in Management (PGDM) from St. Joseph's Institute of Management
St. Joseph's Institute of Management is a private business school that was founded in the year 1986. From that time, it has been imparting quality education to all its students making it one of the high ranking management Institutions in Bangalore. The PGDM program is a two-year full-time course is offered by this prestigious institution, and it is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This program is being provided by this Institute from 1996.
The institution offers the PG candidates are given the option to choose two areas of specialization from four options.
- Human Resource Management
The total fees for students for Karnataka are INR 7, 80,000 while students from the other states are supposed to pay INR 8, 00,000.
Scholarships are available for meritorious students. Students from weaker sections are also given fee waivers.
Criteria for selection
- The candidate must be a graduate from a recognized University.
- Minimum 60% of marks must be attained by the students in class 10, class 12 and also at the graduation level. 10% weightage will be given to the scores of grade 10 and 12. 20% weightage will be allocated to the percentage achieved by the student at the graduation level.
- Students who have appeared for their final level graduation exam and have not received their mark sheet can also apply.
- For the entrance test, the student must appear clear CAT 18, XAT 19, MAT ( with a minimum score of 550), GMAT, CMAT of ATMA.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to go through a personal interview round along with the essay that will have a weightage of 25% and 10% respectively.
- If the student has some previous work experience like an internship or a job, then it will be advantageous for the students as it will fetch them more points in the selection process.
The Placement Cell
Any institution that what is an MBA program must have a brilliant placement cell. This company gets a visit from 50-60 companies every year. The highest package that has been given to a student is 12 lakhs per annum. Top companies visit this prestigious Institute, and if you are a hardworking individual, you will surely get a secured job.
There are many facilities available for the students, some of which are:
- Well stocked libraries covering a vast area
- An air-conditioned computer lab which has an internet speed of over 50 Mbps
- Equipment for sports and games
- ICT enabled classrooms
- CCTV for the security of the students
- Well maintained and hygienic canteen
- Hostel- separate hostel facilities are available for both men and women.
Men’s Hostel- the hostel is located on Victoria Road. There are strict rules which must be followed. Proper parking space is available for the students. The hostel has Wi-Fi, and nutritional food is available for all. There is also continuous hot water open. This hostel is exceptionally secure, and comfortably provides a bright living space for students of many generations.
Women's hostel- there are two locations for the female hostel; Brigitine Hostel on Brunton Road and Marian Ville Hostel, Good Shepherd Covent, Museum Road. All amenities available and the hostels are well maintained to provide a secure environment for its residents.
If you are a hardworking student, then you are perfect for this institution whose motto is 'Fide et Labore’ (Faith and toil). It thrives on ethical conduct and commitment to its students. If you want to build a brilliant career then and this is the management institute for you. Success is guaranteed if you enroll yourself in this prestigious Institute.