- The Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science [KIMS] was incepted in the year 1980.
- The college was established by Vokkaligara Sangha and it is been regarded as one of the premier institutes to pursue medical education.
- Dr. V.T Venkatesha is the Dean & Principal of the college
- Admission to the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science is through CET conducted by the Government of Karnataka and Comed-K's UGET for the undergraduate MBBS course.
- The candidates should have cleared the 2 years PUC examination conducted by the P U Education Board, Karnataka with PCB as optional subjects or any other examination recognized as equivalent to it by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- The candidates should have passed the B.Sc. examination of Bangalore University or any other statutory University.
The Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science fee structure differs according to the category under which admission is sought. However, fee structure is also subject to government rules and regulations.
Students seeking admission to Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science for the current year can contact us for Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science fee structure for 2019.
Seats in the KIMS are also reserved for students seeking admission under the NRI quota and under the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science management quota admission.
For more information on management quota and other admission related query please feel free to reach us at +918088602346 .
- KIMS, Bangalore is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences [RGUHS], Bangalore, Karnataka.
- KIMS is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) for its MBBS course.
- The college got recognition for its Post-graduate degree/diploma courses in various disciplines in 1991-92.
The college reviews by the ex-students as well as the ongoing batch speak a lot about the vibrant campus life that the institute offers beyond academics.
- The college has two campuses. The hospital and clinical departments are in the Visveswarapuram campus while the pre-clinical and para-clinical departments are in the Banashankari campus. Transport between the campuses is provided.
- Hostels - there are separate hostels on the Banashankari campus for girls and boys.
- A fully equipped health club with a full-fledged gym.
- Indoor games like carrom and table tennis keep students engaged besides academics.
- Sports fests organized by the college.
- Cultural activities are also encouraged to enable students to exhibit their talent in music, drama, dance, etc.
- The canteen facilities provide for authentic delicacies keeping in mind the hygiene and health concerns.