Guidance and assistance for MS admission in Karnataka
If you are in Karnataka and you are looking for guidance and assistance for MS admissions in Karnataka, especially in the medical field, then you should keep reading to find out what you need to do in order to get admission to one of the finest medical colleges in Karnataka. The article here has the sole purpose of informing the aspirants of the eligibility, the courses offered and the fees structure.
M.S (Master of Surgery) courses
M.S is offered in the following subjects -
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
These are full time 3-year postgraduate courses, consisting of a total of 6 terms.
It depends entirely on the ordinance.
M.S degree courses eligibility criteria
In order to get admission to the Master of Surgery courses, one needs to pass the MBBS with flying colors, from a recognized university which is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and is also approved by the Medical Council of India. If the student has appeared for his MBBS in some other college which is not affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, then the college has to be a recognized medical college which is affiliated to an equivalent university. The aspirant is also required to complete one year of compulsory internship at a teaching institution or some other institution that is approved by the medical council of India. He or she is also required to have himself or herself permanently registered under any state medical council.
The aspirant has to obtain the eligibility certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences before he can take any admission to the postgraduate courses. In order to obtain the eligibility certificate, one can send an application to the university requesting the certificate. You should make sure to procure the certificate before the last day of the admission. The student will have to pay a certain fee for the certificate. He has to attach the following documents with the application -
- MBBS degree certificate with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences stamps on it.
- Marksheet of all the examinations that have taken place during the entire MBBS course.
- Attempt certificate that has to be issued solely by the Principal.
- Certificate certifying that the college has been approved by the medical council of India.
- Internship certificate that testifies its completion.
- If the internship took place at the non-teaching institute, then you need to produce a certificate which states that the medical council of India approves the institute for an internship.
- Registration certificate by state medical council.
- Caste certificate.
All the students are requested to register their names in the university after they have been admitted to the postgraduate courses.
Things to keep in mind
While pursuing a course at the university, you will not be allowed to run your personal clinic. You will be required to serve as a full-time student within the college premise. The attendance will be calculated on a yearly basis, and every student is required to attend seminars, conference, meetings, workshops, etc.