GUIDANCE AND ASSISTANCE FOR MD ADMISSIONS IN KARNATAKA
How to choose the right MD College for admission in Karnataka?
If you are interested in going for the Doctor of Medicine (MD) course, then the first thing that you have to do is to search for the best college for the Doctor of Medicine (MD) course. In Karnataka, there are many Doctor of Medicine (MD) colleges that offer the best courses and facilities for students who want admission in these colleges.
Before admission, you need to follow a checklist. Some of the tips to follow before selecting the medical colleges are:
- Check about the course
- Check for Accreditations and Recognitions of the institution
- Check for Placement Statistics of previous years
- Previous year’s passing percentage
- Prepare the list of colleges and universities
- Get suggestions from educational advisors
- Short-list the college according to your suitable budget
About the course
Doctor of Medicine (MD) is a post-graduate course in medicine. The total time that a student gets to complete it is 2 to 3 years. The main aim of this course is to gain in-depth knowledge about a specific field or specialization in medicine. The course is said to be wholesome as it covers theoretical and practical elements.
This course demand is rising among the students as it provides the students with the best kind of opportunities for their career. However, the main problem is seat availability in Doctor of Medicine (MD) colleges. There are limited seats available while the number of students who give exams and try to secure the seats in the colleges are very high. For this reason, many Doctor of Medicine (MD) colleges have now set their guidelines and eligibility criteria for the same.
- The student must have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree.
- The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree must be issued by a valid university affiliated to Medical Council of India.
- The minimum percentage of marks that a student must secure in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is 50%.
- The candidate should have completed the rotating compulsory internship of one year in an institution recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- The candidate should have obtained permanent registration of any State Medical Council.
- The student must have appeared for the NEET-PG entrance exams.
- The student needs to qualify the NEET-PG entrance exam with good marks.
Allocation of seats
After the students have appeared for NEET-PG entrance exams and results are published, the top colleges send the call letters for admission to the selected students.
The selection of the student is done based on the marks obtained in graduation level and the entrance exams for the Doctor of Medicine (MD) courses.
As there are several Doctor of Medicine (MD) colleges in Karnataka, many students and parents get confused about which college to select. If you want the best Doctor of Medicine (MD) college, here is the list of the top colleges in Karnataka for you:
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute.
- Ramaiah medical college.
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Science.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College.
- St. John Medical College.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Kasturba Medical College.
- Manipal University.
- AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre.
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research.
Before going for this, you need to check the eligibility criteria and other factors for the colleges that are mentioned above.