The Admission Process for A.J Shetty Medical College, Mangalore
A.J Shetty Medical College was founded on the belief that the health of a man is of utmost importance and is mandatory for the growth and success of a nation. The college equips to provide a holistic view of medicine trying to provide Medicine for all and one. The campus is spread over 30 acres in Mangalore and is intended to provide a world-class education to its students. The facilities in the College include state of the art classroom, well-stocked library facilities, and laboratories that provided a realistic outlook on the world of medicine.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
The eligibility criteria for admission to A.J Shetty Medical College at various levels beginning from MBBS is that the aspirant must have passed the 12th grade examination or any other equivalent examination as deemed by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one f the languages. The student must have at least 50% marks in the aggregate of the optional subjects. For MD or MS courses, the eligibility criteria are slightly different- the aspirant who is affiliated to this University must have passed the final year MBBS examination after having studied medical sciences in a medical College that has been recognized officially by the Medical Council of India. The candidate must also have 1-year experience as an intern in a hospital.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreigners and NRIs
The candidate must have passed the 12th-grade examination with at least 50% marks on an average in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and have had English as one of the course languages. It is also essential that the aspirant has completed 17 years as of 31st December of the exact year of admission to the college. Around 23 seats (15% of the total capacity) is reserved for such students every year. The student must also provide worth such documents that will prove their NRI or Foreign status. Along with that, an Inward remittance certificate as issued by the Reserve Bank of India is also necessary. Finally, the candidate must have a permit to pursue medical education in Karnataka from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS).
List of Documents Needed for Admission
Here is a list of documents required at the time of admission:
- 12th standard equivalent marks sheet- Original as well as 3 attested photocopies.
- 10th standard marks sheet as proof of date of birth - Original as well as 3 attested photocopies.
- Transfer Certificate from the previous institution - Original as well as 3 attested photocopies.
- Character certificate from the previous institute - Original only.
- Eligibility certification as issued by the Register, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Migration certificate from the Board of previous attended.
- Passport and Student VISA for the period of study for NRI and International students.
- Proof of employment of parents.
- Physical Fitness certificate from any registered medical practitioner.
- Blood Group Certificate of the Candidate.
- Photographs - Passport size (05) and stamp size (05)
A.J Shetty Medical College is one of the best Institutions to get medical education not only in Karnataka but also in India.