It is one of the most famous and respected colleges in Karnataka. The college is widely known as Bapuji Dental College Davangere. It was established in the year 1979-1980. It is a private college. BDCH was established with the objective to provide students with the best dental care and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The college has an outstanding infrastructure. It offers two courses, BDS and MDS. There are nine specialization courses under MDS. BDCH has a great faculty in both BDS and MDS departments. The course duration of BDS is five years whereas that of MDS is 3years. The college even offers advantage of Scholarships.
It is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, and Karnataka and is approved by Dental Council of India, Government of India.
- Spacious Classrooms
- Seminar Hall
- Well-stocked Library
- Dentures Workshops
- Laboratory with imported equipment and machinery
- Clinical and Dental Departments
Specialization Courses under MDS Course and availability of seats:-
- Oral Medicines - 4 seats
- Oral Pathology - 2 seats
- Conservative Dentistry -6 seats
- Orthodontics - 6 seats
- Periodontics - 6 seats
- Prosthodontics - 6 seats
- Oral Surgery - 6 seats
- Public Health Dentistry - 3 seats
- Pedodontics - 6 seats
Eligibility Criteria For BDS:-
- Candidates must have qualified the senior secondary examination with 50% of the aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology taken together and must pass in English.
- Candidates appearing for the 12th or equivalent examination can also apply.
- Applicant must have completed of 17years at the time or before admission.
- Candidate must qualify in NEET UG.
Entrance Exam for BDS:- NEET UG. The application fees for this exam have to be paid online.
- Applicant must have a Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) degree or a provisional pass certificate in the same degree from a dental college/Indian University approved by the Government of India according to the Dentist Act 1948 or
- The applicant must possess a similar qualification recognized by Dental Council of India.
- Candidates must ensure that the Dental College from which they have finished their BDS degree is recognized by the Government of India as per Dental Act 1948, on or before 31st of October, 2017.
- Candidates must qualify in NEET PG.
- It is compulsory for the applicants to finish the one-year rotating internship after qualifying in the final professional examination
Entrance Exam for MDS:- NEET PG. The application fees for this exam have to be paid online.
- Qualified applicants will be called for the counseling process for counseling according to their merit.
- Applicants will be allotted seat.
- Only by reporting to the college and submitting the admission fee the candidate can confirm their seats.
- Candidates must carry required documents at the time of admission.
- If any document is found to be inadequate the college authority can cancel the admission.